Wake on mouse click - Asus P5W DH

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
I have an Asus P5W, last night I discovered that the system will power up with the click of the mouse button. I have never seen this before, is it a quirk with the P5W DH or do most systems offer this now?

This is a nice bonus feature as I now never have to open the case door to get to the power switch :)

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
Sure. You can even do it with the remote that came with the mobo. But only the 2 usb ports that are closest to the LAN port are capable of it. But would you want your system to turn on if say someone accidently touched the mouse button?

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
Sure. You can even do it with the remote that came with the mobo. But only the 2 usb ports that are closest to the LAN port are capable of it. But would you want your system to turn on if say someone accidently touched the mouse button?

The remote is a little pointless IMHO, but the single click on the mouse to power up is fab. I checked and mouse movement does not trigger it, just the click, so the chances of accidental power up are small, and not the end of the world if it did ever happen.

I have had this system for about 5 months, and only just found this out, so can’t happen accidentally that much :)

horstmann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Not to highjack, but is this a feature of ASUS or are there other motherboards out there that do this? It would be awesome if my intel board would do this, although I really doubt it.