Wall colour for LEDs

Benjamin_77

Reputable
Mar 26, 2017
Hiya,
I want to put LED strips on the back of my desk in my room.
Only issue is, I have dark teal coloured walls.
I do not know if all colours (or at least most) of LED strips will show up on my wall.
So my question is:
Will colours (at least most colours) show up on my dark teal wall?
Ben

Solution
Overall, appearance being subjective, the only way to be sure is to borrow some LED's if possible and temporarily install as desired using painter's (masking) tape.

Or buy some very inexpensive LED sets that could be used elsewhere if the end results do not suit or are otherwise problematic.

What I see as an acceptable color may be too red or too blue for you. And the contrast between wall, desk, and colors may be perceived as too stark or not enough. I.e., "blinding" to you - fine for me.

May look okay at certain times and not so okay at other times depending on ambient light.

And, late thought, just try some other fixed color LED light strings to get some idea about how it all might appear. Holiday type LED lights - not...

Ralston18

Titan
Teal meaning that your walls are some darkish blue-green - correct?

"Show up" may well depend on your visual acuity or contrast or brightness.....

Overall, I would expect that the LED strips (all colors) will show up.

However, the physical details matter: does your desk face the wall, or away from the wall?

What arrangement of room, desk, and lights do you have in mind?

Ralston18

Titan
Overall, appearance being subjective, the only way to be sure is to borrow some LED's if possible and temporarily install as desired using painter's (masking) tape.

Or buy some very inexpensive LED sets that could be used elsewhere if the end results do not suit or are otherwise problematic.

What I see as an acceptable color may be too red or too blue for you. And the contrast between wall, desk, and colors may be perceived as too stark or not enough. I.e., "blinding" to you - fine for me.

May look okay at certain times and not so okay at other times depending on ambient light.

And, late thought, just try some other fixed color LED light strings to get some idea about how it all might appear. Holiday type LED lights - not necessarily the programmable LED strips that you may have mind. Should be easy to find some around or borrow for testing. Lots of colors available as well.

Solution