[SOLVED] Wallmount question

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
How am I supposed to wallmount my TV or monitor if their respective cable entries are behind them and not on the sides? It cannot stay flush with the wall if you need at least a couple or more inches of space between backside of monitor and wall to accommodate for the first part of most cables that don't bend.

Should I be wary of that when I'm looking at different brands and models if my intention is to wallmount?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You could look into angled cable connectors or that the wall mount for said display is wrong for your needs...there are some mounts that are offset from the wall/surface to aid with cables trailing from the rear of a panel. (Pretty much all)Most panels will have their display outputs come out the bottom and not the rear unless the design dept fell asleep at the drawing board.

If you do land on an awkwardly placed connector on a panel, you will need to look at a wallmount that has depth but that would mean that the panel is closer to you than being flush with the wall's vertical surface.

I've used Peerless and LevelMount for my mounts. There are some really super duper cheap options off of Aliexpress but they are exclusive to you...

Lutfij

Titan
You could look into angled cable connectors or that the wall mount for said display is wrong for your needs...there are some mounts that are offset from the wall/surface to aid with cables trailing from the rear of a panel. (Pretty much all)Most panels will have their display outputs come out the bottom and not the rear unless the design dept fell asleep at the drawing board.

If you do land on an awkwardly placed connector on a panel, you will need to look at a wallmount that has depth but that would mean that the panel is closer to you than being flush with the wall's vertical surface.

I've used Peerless and LevelMount for my mounts. There are some really super duper cheap options off of Aliexpress but they are exclusive to you choosing a monitor with connectors coming toward the floor(bottom of display) and not the wall(rear of display).

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution