[SOLVED] Wallpaper Goes Black Randomly (Windows 10 Home)

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
System Specs:
i7 9700k ( turbo mode of 4.7GHz ish)

RTX 2070 Super

Corsair H100i Pro AIO cooler

Asus Rog Strix Z390-F Gaming Motherboard

16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz RAM

M2 1TB drive.

2TB Samsung QVO SSD.

850 Watt Fully-modular PSU (Corsair).

Windows 10 Home x64.

Hi. My problem is that my wallpaper is randomly going black in the area where I left click/right click and drag. This has happened while gaming the other day after I alt tabbed, and just now while just using google chrome. Temps are all fine as well. CPU @ 31 degrees celcius, both drives at 30, and gpu at 40. I've just realised I haven't updated my gpu driver in about a month so I will give that a go, and it's probably likely that this is the issue, but if anyone has any other knowledge on the matter I would greatly appreciate it. Also, after the aforementioned issue occurs, the wallpaper will then do the inverse after a little while. When I left click/right click and drag it starts to bring back my wallpaper in that area, as seen in this image: View: https://imgur.com/a/LSYRjRX
. It then reverts to turning things black again. Issue occurs on both monitors, though randomly. Sometimes both are going black, then one seems fixed and the other has the issue. This does not occur on a regular basis. Many Thanks.

Solution
System Specs:

RTX 2070 Super

16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz RAM

M2 1TB drive.

2TB Samsung QVO SSD.

Windows 10 Home x64.

Hi. My problem is that my wallpaper is randomly going black in the area where I left click/right click and drag. This has happened while gaming the other day after I alt tabbed, and just now while just using google chrome. Temps are all fine as well. CPU @ 31 degrees celcius, both drives at 30, and gpu at 40. I've just realised I haven't updated my gpu driver in about a month so I will give that a go, and it's probably likely that this is the issue, but if anyone has...
System Specs:

RTX 2070 Super

16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz RAM

M2 1TB drive.

2TB Samsung QVO SSD.

Windows 10 Home x64.

Hi. My problem is that my wallpaper is randomly going black in the area where I left click/right click and drag. This has happened while gaming the other day after I alt tabbed, and just now while just using google chrome. Temps are all fine as well. CPU @ 31 degrees celcius, both drives at 30, and gpu at 40. I've just realised I haven't updated my gpu driver in about a month so I will give that a go, and it's probably likely that this is the issue, but if anyone has any other knowledge on the matter I would greatly appreciate it. Also, after the aforementioned issue occurs, the wallpaper will then do the inverse after a little while. When I left click/right click and drag it starts to bring back my wallpaper in that area, as seen in this image: View: https://imgur.com/a/LSYRjRX
. It then reverts to turning things black again. Issue occurs on both monitors, though randomly. Sometimes both are going black, then one seems fixed and the other has the issue. This does not occur on a regular basis. Many Thanks.

I would think you've got a gpu issue of some type...if you've updated drivers I'd look at the PSU and GPU as the possible culprits. Maybe try some stress testing on the GPU that lets you see textures to determine if it's the GPU...it might be a good idea to swap in an old GPU to see if it still happens....if it happens on another GPU also then I would suspect the PSU is going.

Solution