Question Wallpaper Slideshow on just 1 Monitor

brent85

Prominent
Jun 14, 2022
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to have a wallpaper slideshow on 1 monitor in a 3 monitor setup.

I have a dual screen monitor in my set-up.
I have a spare portable monitor which I thought would be cool to use as a photo display, which is on when I'm using the PC. I have attached it to my set-up as a 3rd monitor.

Windows will allow you to have a wallpaper slideshow, but it displays across all 3 screens.

I'm looking for a way to have the 3rd screen set to display a slide show. It should auto start when I turn my PC on and be full screen (no task bar). The other 2 monitors should not be affected and keep the same static wallpaper image.
I want to have a folder where I can dump photos, which will be included in the slideshow, that way I can add/remove photos easily.

I thought a wallpaper slideshow would be the easiest way, but I can't get it to work. Is there something else I should try? Maybe some 3rd party software or a different approach?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Windows 10

Ralston18

Titan
Does the wallpaper slideshow software have a dedicated Window?

If so, as I understand the requirement, just move that dedicated window to the desired monitor and maximize the window so you can watch the slide show.

Verify that you can do that.

Once proven to manually work then the next step would be to automate the manual process. Maybe record the actions and playback at boot time.

Or the process may need some script or code. TBD.

brent85

Prominent
Jun 14, 2022
Does the wallpaper slideshow software have a dedicated Window?

If so, as I understand the requirement, just move that dedicated window to the desired monitor and maximize the window so you can watch the slide show.

Verify that you can do that.

Once proven to manually work then the next step would be to automate the manual process. Maybe record the actions and playback at boot time.

Or the process may need some script or code. TBD.

No, in windows you can't pick just one monitor to display on in slideshow mode. It displays across every screen.

Ralston18

Titan
I was thinking of a third party slideshow app that would run in its' own window and that that window would be shown on the desired monitor.

For example:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/wallpaper-slideshow-lt/9NVQ1CB438WS?hl=en-us&gl=US

From the Description:

"Wallpaper Slideshow LT is a great utility for displaying your favorite photos as desktop wallpaper. Wallpaper Slideshow offers you complete control on your wallpapers collection and allows you to easily set your favorite images as desktop wallpaper. Wallpaper Slideshow is simple to use, intuitive and complete with full context-sensitive help. Multi monitor support, it can display a different wallpaper on each monitor."