Wallpaper with black borders on larger second monitor...

reSurGam

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
I have a GTX 760 with a 23" and 24" monitor connected to it on Windows 7.

I want my main monitor (defined by Windows 7 under display settings) to be my 23" with my 24" on the side. Unfortunately, this makes all my wallpapers on the 24" take the sizing of the 23", resulting in the ugly black bordering.

On the other hand, if I make the 24" monitor the main monitor, then the 23" takes on the wallpaper sizing of the 24", which is great, since the stretching of the wallpaper will always cover it. However, in doing this, I have to log in from the 24", which is awkward since I have to look away from the monitor in front of me.

Basically, I'm trying to find a way for the larger monitor to be the one to dictate wallpaper scaling while having my smaller one act as the main one (it is the contrary by default). Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Solution
if you want no black borders on your screen as well as no stretching, that may be your only option.

There are some accessibility options in Windows to magnify the screen as well, but I'm not sure if that will also magnify the wallpaper in the back.

Entomber

Admirable
your issue isn't with the size of the screens but with the resolution displayed. I'm guessing that your 23" monitor only supports up to 1600x900 resolution while your 24" monitor supports a 1920x1080 resolution.

To get around this you could set your 24" monitor at the same resolution size as your 23" monitor, just go to Display properties and adjust the resolution for your secondary monitor to match the first.

reSurGam

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
To be honest, I just would just like to have the larger monitor on the side for leisure (it's at a position where I could just sit back and enjoy a movie or something). Gaming on the 1080 is also a lot better than 1200 for me.

I've been tinkering with the Display settings and nVidia for a while now but can't seem to adjust it. I might as well just switch them.

Entomber

Admirable
if you want no black borders on your screen as well as no stretching, that may be your only option.

There are some accessibility options in Windows to magnify the screen as well, but I'm not sure if that will also magnify the wallpaper in the back.

Solution

reSurGam

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Haven't been able to change anything, so I'll just use the 24 as my main monitor for now.

Thanks for the help.

If anyone else does have a way to fix this though, please let me know.