[SOLVED] WAN AGGREGATION (1Gbps + 1Gbps)

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I just bought a new Netgear Nighthawk router X6S AC3600. And it has something called Link aggregation. What is it? And do I need it? I have gigabyte speeds or over gigabyte speeds from my internet service provider which is Comcast. I have 1 desktop computer running windows 10 pro latest October 2020 version. I'm running the store bought router with a motorola surfboard 8200 cable modem also store bought. And I'm running everything hard wired Ethernet cables (Cat8) So just wondering if I need it? There is a section in the router called Ethernet port aggregation and it was set to Dynamic (IEEE 802.3ad) And I changed it to disabled. Was it safe to do this? I mean I can still right at this moment connect to the internet but I just don't want to have issues somewhere down the line. If need be I will of course just renable this setting.

Thanks!!

Hi,

I just bought a new Netgear Nighthawk router X6S AC3600. And it has something called Link aggregation. What is it? And do I need it? I have gigabyte speeds or over gigabyte speeds from my internet service provider which is Comcast. I have 1 desktop computer running windows 10 pro latest October 2020 version. I'm running the store bought router with a motorola surfboard 8200 cable modem also store bought. And I'm running everything hard wired Ethernet cables (Cat8) So just wondering if I need it? There is a section in the router called Ethernet port aggregation and it was set to Dynamic (IEEE 802.3ad) And I changed it to disabled. Was it safe to do this? I mean I can still right at this moment connect to the internet but I just don't want to have issues somewhere down the line. If need be I will of course just renable this setting.

Thanks!!
https://www.fortinet.com/resources/...the practice,spread evenly across these links.