[SOLVED] WAN speed is slow on my asus rt-ac3200

Solution
There is a tab on the asus router called tools that will show the speeds of the lan and wan ports. At least I think there is I load merlin firmware on my asus routers

I do not think there is anyway to change the speed settings so it should auto negotiate. If this show 100mbps negotiated rate then it has to be a cable there is not much else it can be since you can't change an settings. You would hope it is not a defective port in the modem or router.

If this speed show 1000mbps then I would suspect the ISP.

You should be able to plug your pc directly into the modem to test.
At first glance this sounds like a port negotiation problem. Ethernet ports auto-negotiate the max speed they can talk to each other and yours maybe stuck at 100 mbit for some reason. Since u don't seems to have diagnostic LED on this connection, somebody here suggested in the past insert a switch in the middle, with LED, should at least tell u whether your ports are running 1 gig as you want them to be, or just 100 mbit. Any wall wiring in the middle?

There is a tab on the asus router called tools that will show the speeds of the lan and wan ports. At least I think there is I load merlin firmware on my asus routers

I do not think there is anyway to change the speed settings so it should auto negotiate. If this show 100mbps negotiated rate then it has to be a cable there is not much else it can be since you can't change an settings. You would hope it is not a defective port in the modem or router.

If this speed show 1000mbps then I would suspect the ISP.

You should be able to plug your pc directly into the modem to test.

Solution