Wand or air mouse?

Apr 17, 2018
Hi all,

I have multiple sclerosis which causes some dysfunction with my hands and fine motor skills, making a regular mouse sometimes difficult. So I'm looking for a mouse similar to a presentation clicker. I have a clicker, and it works well for presentations, but it has no mouse pointing/tracking abilities. The closest things I have found are wireless trackballs, and the required use of a thumb to move the mouse is the type of fine motor skill I'm trying to avoid. I'm considering a trackpad (such as the Apple Magic Touchpad, but I seem to have the most ease of use with a pointer-style device where I am free to move as much of my arm and/or wrist as possible.

Are there any such mice out there? Thanks!

Apr 17, 2018
t53186, thank you for the reply! I looked at that one (along with the Apple and many others). A touchpad is my second choice, with my first being some sort of wand; think Playstation Move controller or presentation clicker. It may not exist yet, or the ones that do may not work well, and I understand that.

For the touchpad, however, I was leaning towards the Apple because of better functionality reviews and people seemed to have less trouble with it (even on a PC). I'm actually an Android/Windows guy!

I've installed a free app on my phone to let me use it as a bluetooth touchpad, and it works rather well, but it has a slight lag and my screen is kind of small. Another reason why I'd go for one of the larger touchpads.

TRENDING THREADS