[SOLVED] Wanna Buy a new gpu

Azmain Iqtidar

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hello guys. i have brought my gaming pc a year ago and now i want to upgrade it.my specification
i5 8400
gtx 1060 6 gb
12 gigs of ram
550 watt psu
i want o buy an rtx 2060 oc 6 gigs. will it bottleneck with my system and will it give similar performance as of gtx 1070?and will i get any better card in this price range ?
thank you.

Solution
but accoring to the website bottenecker it shows 11.9% bottleneck with that cpu gpu combination?should i buy even it shows?
Disregard that website, its garbage and doesn't account for game nor resolution.

At 1080P or 1440P that would be a good pairing (either 5700 or 2060).

If the GPU usage is slightly lower then it should be then use either Nvidia DSR or AMD VSR (depending on the card you get). Both allow you to increase the resolution then scale it back to your native resolution. This allows for a better image and better utilizes your GPU and can look better then some higher AA options.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
I would say go with the RX 5700. but you might need a new PSU for that, I'm not too sure. the RX 5700 destroys the 2060 in games, and is around the same price. and no, it won't be bottlenecked by the 8400

side note, you might also want new ram, 12gb isnt recommended as it means you are running 8gb and 4gb sticks, its best to have the exact same sticks

Azmain Iqtidar

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I would say go with the RX 5700. but you might need a new PSU for that, I'm not too sure. the RX 5700 destroys the 2060 in games, and is around the same price. and no, it won't be bottlenecked by the 8400

side note, you might also want new ram, 12gb isnt recommended as it means you are running 8gb and 4gb sticks, its best to have the exact same sticks
but accoring to the website bottenecker it shows 11.9% bottleneck with that cpu gpu combination?should i buy even it shows?

WildCard999

Titan
Disregard that website, its garbage and doesn't account for game nor resolution.

At 1080P or 1440P that would be a good pairing (either 5700 or 2060).

If the GPU usage is slightly lower then it should be then use either Nvidia DSR or AMD VSR (depending on the card you get). Both allow you to increase the resolution then scale it back to your native resolution. This allows for a better image and better utilizes your GPU and can look better then some higher AA options.

Reactions: Azmain Iqtidar
Solution