Wanna install firewire to my motherboard

Solution
That is also a picture of a PCI card.

If it has a very very small connector then it is a PCIe connector and goes in the one of the small slots. However, if it is indeed a PCIe 2x card, then it will need an open ended PCIe 1x slot to operate at 1x or be placed in a 4x slot (which you don't have)

The PCI card might have less chance of working due to older drivers not supporting Windows 10 (Or 7 or 8.1) but PCIe drivers should be easy to come by.

I'm afraid I'm not to familiar with your country to say who would be reliable to buy from. Been a long while since I've had a firewire device, and even then it was audio equipment. Pretty much used eSATA and USB for storage back in the day.

Sep 17, 2018

The large white standard pci slot you mean? not the small ones right?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Should have. Though their labeling of that particularly card is a bit misleading. They seem to have mixed of PCI and PCIe, but the picture clearly shows PCI.

You may also need to enable that PCI slot specifically. Been a while since I dealt with a board that had one.

If you go ahead and get a PCIe 1x firewire card, that will almost certainly work. Probably cheaper too.

Sep 17, 2018

Ye the one that we already bought is to small for the standard PCI slot I wonder why :S
But this one should fit right? https://www.kabeldirect.nl/firewire-pci-2x-ieee1394-full-profile-express-kaart.html
But it says in the link that its a PCI 2x-IE pfff this is so difficult xD
I just want one in the large white one cuz the 2 small white slots 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 are covered by the GPU. its a large GPU XD

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is also a picture of a PCI card.

If it has a very very small connector then it is a PCIe connector and goes in the one of the small slots. However, if it is indeed a PCIe 2x card, then it will need an open ended PCIe 1x slot to operate at 1x or be placed in a 4x slot (which you don't have)

The PCI card might have less chance of working due to older drivers not supporting Windows 10 (Or 7 or 8.1) but PCIe drivers should be easy to come by.

I'm afraid I'm not to familiar with your country to say who would be reliable to buy from. Been a long while since I've had a firewire device, and even then it was audio equipment. Pretty much used eSATA and USB for storage back in the day.

Solution