Wanna replace windows 10 with Ubuntu (Latest) but SSD drive contains windows... Any help w/ wiping drive?

Jul 7, 2018
Hi. To discribe this... I wanna to replace windows with linux (ubuntu - latest) bud drive (SSD) where i wanna have the OS is filled w/ windows 10. Can someone help w/ wiping the SSD without installing OS windows back? Thx for response! Peace ;)

My PC:
cpu: amd athlon(tm) x4 860k quad core processor
gpu: nvidia geforce 960 (2G)
current os: Win 10 pro
storage: 1x SSD Patriot Blast - 120GB, 1x HDD Seagate Desktop HDD - 1TB

Other stuff:
Linux (ubuntu latest version) is bootable from flash drive

USAFRet

Titan
During the Ubuntu install, it will give you the option of what to do with whatever partitions are on that drive.
You can delete all of them and use the whole drive for Linux, you can section off part of it for Linux...however you want to do it.

Be 100% sure that you've saved off any personal docs from that drive before you go down this road.

https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-install-ubuntu-desktop#5
Section 6 speaks to what you're wanting to do.

Jul 7, 2018
Hi, I've run into more problems then i though i gonna have. Main problem is with bios... When a startup or restart pc, i can't get into BIOS. When i turn on pc its already at windows load statement. And F12 (manage disk for os) isn't working to... If anyone can help, I'm out of ideas :(

USAFRet

Titan

Is your system sleeping or hibernating, instead of OFF?

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for help community but I finally resolved the problem :) The solution was to reset the BIOS by removing the baterry from motherboard and drain power from capacitors :) Again, thx for help :) #You'reTheBestCommunity