Question Wanna upgrade my gaming pc

Nov 29, 2019
I have a i5 4440 cpu and a 1060 6gb. Motherboard is a g1 sniper h6. I can run most games I play at a pretty consistent level, but newer games are too taxing (Like nier automata) What would you guys recommend going for with the upcoming cyber monday?

I am fairly inexperienced since I had a friend of mine help me build the rig, so any advice is welcome

Nov 29, 2019
I want to save what money I can. Let's say 300? Maybe I am just naive, but I am hoping to get at least something more modern and then work up to better next year? Maybe I could bumb it up a bit higher, if it's worthwhile

Nov 29, 2019
I would be willing to wait to get other parts, but I want to take advantage of cyber monday as best I can. Like I could buy a cpu, but then grab the motherboard later

I want to save what money I can. Let's say 300? Maybe I am just naive, but I am hoping to get at least something more modern and then work up to better next year? Maybe I could bumb it up a bit higher, if it's worthwhile
Then get a B450 motherboard, a 3600(X) Ryzen and 16 Gb of DDR4 3200 RAM. It should fit your budget, it has 3 times the horsepower your 4440 has and you can still plan to upgrade the CPU and GPU next year.

Nov 29, 2019
Thanks for the speedy replies! I greatly appreciate all the help
I think I might take Mitch's advice. Just a lil something to tide me over until next year. Can you guys give me something to work towards? I don't play too many AAA games, I stick to RTS like Xcom 2 and TW warhammer. I have wanted to try playing the witcher 3 and Nier.