want a 4k monitor but cant get a direct quick answer.

DonTon

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

thaks, so if i toss it up with the DP i'll still keep the 60hz? sorry its 2am here and recovering from a cold and work lol

DonTon

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

i owe you a cookie, thanks. been torn on a 4k or a couple 1440ps but can never find a solid price and seems most 4ks are fixed at 60hz, and not as bad pricing

DonTon

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
i know for sure the diffrence between freesync and gsync, its just soo many people say different things, and some say if its nativly 60hz and you use nvidia, you get capped to a fraction, thats why i asked the community here :) thanks btw for the time.

also i didnt want to break my bank, i already spent alot on my pc build, and keep adding little things here and there,

when i was torn between 4k and 2k monitors, i figured im SLI'd up i should have no issues with 4k and if worst case i can drop the res down/ drop game settings lol

so with a 60Hz screen, (no g-sync), if you miss a frame update, then you skip to the next, hence you are either showing 60Hz or 30hz, or 15hz, so if you are not capable of running 61hz then you'll probably flip between 60 and 30.

With a g-sync screen if you miss the next natural update then it instantly shows another frame, so you might be at 60 or 59/58/57 etc. So you don't need to guarantee 60hz to have a non 30hz experience.