Want a New Gaming Laptop for Black Friday

justinj

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Any suggestions for a new gaming laptop?

• I would probably go with 17" as it's not that important to me and i probably need bigger for gaming (?).
  • Kids will use for homework and I will use for LAN gaming with them.
  • Want a RTX 2060 or better. Benchmarks make it seem like 2080 is way better but 2070 is not that much better than 2060.
  • Don't think the CPU matters as much (?).
  • Would like to have it not be too loud but that might be difficult.
  • non-4K is fine. G-sync would be great.
  • Don't care about weight or battery as it will be plugged in at home mostly. Not a desktop just to keep the wife happy it's not so big and in the way.
  • Definitely a 1TB SSD - no idea what the differences are with these options but prices seem to vary a lot.
  • Will also have a 2TB regular HD.
  • Need windows 64 bit home and office
  • Hoping to spend less than $2200ish but will go with whatever makes sense.
I bought a Sager from LPC-digital about 5 years ago and had a very good experience. Is that still a good option? Xoticpc also seems to come up a lot. Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.

Sager is a good brand for gaming stuff, Clevo as well, they are pretty much the same thing, and Clevo is an OEM manufacturer for several other brands.

I like xoticpc for their gaming laptop stock and options, but don't know what they do for any specials for black friday.

For laptops I don't like 4k screens at all, even in the largest size, 1440 tops for a 17" screen, even 1080 is plenty good. Quality of image and screen capability like lower response times and higher refresh rates are better here than high resolutions.

CPU in any decent gaming system will be good enough to work with, once you find a price you like for a particular video card, don't really worry much about the CPU in it.

justinj

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
One thing that's strange is that the RTX 2060 seems better than the RTX 2080-maxQ. I'm looking at benchmarks. Am I missing something?

Not sure why more people don't use lpc-digital. I'm nervous because of that, but my experience around 6 years ago was excellent.

TRENDING THREADS