Want a small, VERY light laptop for travel.

pnartg

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
I travel with a laptop because I do photography and need a Windows PC to review photos on, run a light version of Photoshop, and a few other basic tasks. I do NOT need to store files on it - I have plenty of 256G thumbdrives.

My old Lenovo Thinkpad x140e was too thick and heavy so I bought an HP Stream 11 (2.7 lbs, ‎0.78 in H x 11.81 in W x 8.10 in D), which has flash memory instead of a HD in January 2017, but it has so little storage that when Microsoft rolled out their April 2017 Windows 10 update there wasn't enough space to load. (this problem was widely discussed on the web at the time) So I chucked that in the wastebasket (it was cheap, anyway) and I'm still looking for a small, very light travel laptop that runs Windows. I want to stay in the same size/weight range as the HP Stream 11, but with more capability. Money is not a big factor. .

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

pnartg

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
"What about a Surface Pro ? "

When I looked it up it said it needs a separate keyboard, and when I looked up the specs on the keyboard (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:techspecstab) it was it was 16.57" long, which makes it dramatically bigger than the HP Stream. I admit I don't really understand what the Surface Pro is WRT a laptop. I write a lot when I travel - notes for my photos and a travel journal, so a keyboard is a must.