Want the BEST, Intel!!!

G

I go through all these message boards all the time. All I see is people bitching about Intel for this and that.
I think it’s a good thing they do because it has caused them to quickly remember who there working for, that they cant pull the market around with there power (although I don’t think that they were trying to F*ck us with Rambus. I think Rambus F-d Intel and so F-d us. So Intel had to try to wiggle its way out of a tuff situation). If Rambus had quickly made there prices competitive like they supposed to, we wouldn’t be bitching about Intel we just would have had another Memory choice.
Intel knows what there doing better than any Co out there. That’s why when they finely finish a combo e.g. CPU, Chip set it just can’t be beat (reliability, comparability and performance).
You can see that Intel believes that the prices we pay must have a wider spread so that the fasts Chips are almost unaffordable. The reason for this is it causes the market to grow normally over many, many years. This is better for everyone. Look at the situation now, every 8-buck an hour Joe can afford the fasts Computer so now the hole “New Electronic Economy” is at a stand still. The Software that runs on these systems cant keep up so now we really don’t need faster Comp’s for along, long while.
While we think AMD is cool for overwhelming Intel they have actually screwed up the hole system. Now they and all of us are pay the price with sh*ty Chip sets and billions of Patches.
So take all this in to consideration, you can see that little AMD is going down for the count again. The reason I say this is that Intel is and will quickly get this situation under control and just put everyone ells in the ground!
I have an AMD and an Intel system and the Intel system is just better even though the AMD is suppose to be faster. Faster is not everything stupid!
I just bought my Intel system because I have been following the truth in this situation and not listening to what every Joe is all HYPED about!
I want my gaming/graphics sys to be reliable and flawless and I got exactly what I expected!
So LOOK OUT Intel is coming back and our Computers are going to have reliably INSANE POWER.
Look for this to happen around when the 2.5-3.0mgz P4 CPUs to come out!

I again will put a list of components so anyone looking to build a fast flawless exciting system that will stay that way along time can copy:

Configz:
(1)WIN 98se – Using, (98 Lite Pro) to remove Internet Ex & options. Now 180mgs. And much faster.
(2)300w ps
(3)800eb oc/858 w/Swiftech MC370-0A Cooler.
(4)CUSL2 Intel 815 w/big Sinks & Fans installed on all relevant chips.
(5)1-256m Crucial RAM 2/2/2
(6)Diamond Max 40g/100-UDMA
(7)*ANNIHILATOR 2 Ultra w/ ram oc 500. Installed bigger sinks 4"fan. all options full on exp/force anti-aliasing Running 1600x1200 /75. Perfect in all games. 2X cracked to 4X (Thanks to CRASHMAN)
(8)View Sonic GS815 (21”). Not to bad-800 buckz. Would like SONY/Panasonic.
(9)SB-gamer using (2) Monsoon MM-700 Multimedia Speaker Sys’s. JUST KILLER SOUND
(10)Plexwriter 12/10/32

Sorry about the heading! I just want to spice up the COOLEST OF ALL (Tom’s Hardware) posters! Read> and say what you think…
BDISK

mpjesse

Splendid
Bad news buddy... 2.5 and 3Ghz Northwood's aren't even in Intel's roadmap right now. The frigin 2Ghz northwood isn't even being released till LATE Q3 or Q4. So, by that time, AMD will have a pretty good lead for the entrance of the Clawhammer.

-MP Jesse

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Just as a heads up, Intel is (and has been) the major stockholder of RAMBUS, so it really doesn't matter who screwed who... It's still all Intel. That is why Intel went the way they did when developing thier new chipset designs. (Can you say control the market by making sure everyone has to buy your RAM to increase your monopoly?)... Remember, under the RAMBUS licensing agreement, nobody could make the memory without having to pay a LARGE royalty to Intel, I mean RAMBUS.. Oh yeah, they are the same company aren't they?

As a second point, you have to remember that the motherboard that you identified (the CUSL2) which by the way, I also love, uses the first stable Intel chipset in 6 years (since the 440BX) so while I praise it, I try not to brag about the chipset history as the AMD fans just love to remind us about the 810, 820 and 840 series, or as I like to remember them, the three missing years of my life. Oh well, can't win them all can we?... LOL.. As for the P4, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything over 2GHz in the next year and the chipsets will need a shakedown period before we (at least this company that is) will comment about stability and performance. I mean, have you seen the prices of these things? I'll stick with my Coppermine PIII and PC133 RAM thank you very much. On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to the 266MHz (okay 133MHz with DDR) AMD CPUs due out next month. Not as much for the DDR chipsets (since they too need some shaking down, at least on the Asus front), but rather for my A7V133's! Hubba Hubba... 25% performance increase over the 200MHz CPU in the same motherboard? Yup, it's definitely worth my time to pull the 200 and replace it with this upgraded core!

As for your system design, looks nice... The only thing that really matters though is that it is stable and does what you want it to do. Glad you are happy and zippin right along.

Steve Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yep, I'm running a lower buget similar perfarmance version of that-2 128MB Cas2 Crucial (I already had one), PIII 700@1GHz (a recent developement do to the addition of an exhaust fan), and an Aureal Vortex2 SQ2500 (with patched driver). Works flawlessly. I also have a 20GB Maxtor and a whole bunch of SCSI stuff. Oh, and a smaller power supply.

Suicide is painless...........

IntelConvert

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
As you might gather from my name, I too favor Intel, mostly because of earlier experiences with poor Via chipset support for Win2K (However, I believe MS is equally guilty in terms of poor Via support!). I just didn't want any more headaches so I "converted".

But I can certainly understand why so many are drawn to the T-bird, which even I believe is a better-performing cpu (especially on the newer KT133A platforms that support 133MHz memory).

Ruling out the P4 platforms, if for no other reason other than outrageous pricing, I think it all boils down to what tops your priority list, stability or performance?

I believe the P3-i815 platform provides pretty good performance with excellent overall stability (and Win2K compatibility), whereas current T-bird platforms provides even "hotter (pardon the pun) performance", but at the sacrifice of some stability/compatibility.

Just my $.02

G

hi there....nice system u have there.....building a close one myself....except though i have a little problem....hope u could help me out with.....
i've recieved a PIII 1GHZ processor as a gift...and was looking for a perfect motherboard for it.....unfortunately..asus is not available in my country.....on the otherhand....GIGABYTE is available in abundance....so ..i was hoping if u could help me choose the best one....(preferably with no on board audio or video...and supporting ATA\100)...thanks in advance

G

You cant say that Rambus F*cked intel, they went in with thier eyes open, they just saw the money they were going to make, Credit where credits due, Intel have done some great things in the past, and probably will again, but right at the moment they appear to be old and bereft of ideas, wheras others appear to be young, with drive and energy

G

Re: To all
Thanks for your opinions positive & negative!
This situation: CPUs & Mother boards is more important to us here than just a business proposition. We want systems weather from Intel, AMD or whatever, that are seamlessly compatible flawlessly flexible the closer these companies get to this the better off for everyone. It seems to me that these Companies working closer together rather than battling for superiority would just be a better idea?
I realize that the P4 CPU’s 2.5-3.0 Ghz aren’t going to be here for a long time (that dose suck!). But that’s sort of what I was talking of, these chips aren’t suppose to be in the pipe (pipe, P4-Pipe)for a while. The majority of consumer software out there just isn’t ready to reasonably utilize this processing speed. The majority of users don’t even use software that needs more than a 400Mhz CPU.

I know about Intel and Rambus conspired to monopolize and Intel bought millions of Rambus shares for .05c on the dollar. I day-trade so I follow the market. But you can tell just by the competitive nature of AMD they wouldn’t mind being in the position to make the seemingly easy extra billions of $. Intel was just there first. Rambus did F Intel though, they were suppose to make there prices competitive soon after release. You can see by the way Rambus (why do I hate saying that name) is sewing everyone now that they were the real conspirators. It will be interesting to see what Intel dose to fix this situaton in the end sense now there P4 is basically dependant on RamBS.

Crashman: Pushin it to the limit!!! You da man! Keepin us informed!!!

$.02: I my self have come to the conclusion after AMD, Ocing, Patching, and getting the right cards/components to work together that the Intel platform is cheaper in the long-run? I also have a 5year old 200Mhz P1, ASUS P5, VD2. I yanked the chains on that sys all over the place over the years. I was playing the latest games on it and it did the job pretty good. Theirs a statement there!

WOE I hope I replied decently?
Want the best: INTEL!!!
Just trying to spark it up!!! Keep Re:ing

I'm so refreshed to hear that some of the dudes in this place want a reliable system. Good specs all round. I'd like one or two of the systems mentioned, but as usual I'm holding out for a price drop. Incidentally, I run a PII...YES A PII 300MHz
256MB RAM
all the trimmings.

Never been overclocked...never had a problem in 3.5 years.
It nips along quite nicely.

G

I am not sure, I stick with ASUS it just works!
I am sure there are other good MoBo’s other people here have used for that. I’ve seen you asking before ells-where. Keep posting this and you get your answer. But don’t worry about on board audio/video. Just don’t use it and you won’t have it? Can’t you get a CUSL2 on the Web. Anyway, I think I waited a year for this board so it would be worth the hassle.
Good luck BUDY

G

thanks man.......obviously everyone is suggesting asus....well i'll just have to order it from overseas....u recommend CUSL2 or the cheaper CUSL2-C..??

G

I have heard that the CUSL2 is faster and maybe little bit more stable. It’s a driver thing? Besides having on-board a/v might come in handy someday?
Check it out?
BDISK

G

Hay garf
Yer right but I think that RamBS went to Intel and believe it or not was able to put so many pretty golden $$$ signs in there eyes that even those billionaires couldn’t see strait? I know if some offered me just a measly $100K the look on my would be a lot different!

G

One other comment about Intel... remember that both Microsoft and Intel have always made their own futures. If you read Tom's comments about Intel's roadmaps, they use them as a way of making their view of the future of computing a reality. They invested in Rambus because they were going to lock everyone into using Rambus chips with all P4 processors.

I have been an Intel supporter for years. I have 7 machines at home, 5 Intel and 2 AMD- my newest one is AMD simply because of the price/performance ratios.

Just remember, Intel will never be the victim in something like this. They make their own bed.

G

camieabz DUDE!!!
Don’t wait! F! the rent! You know you can go without food for like a month so do these things Vwala
(however you spell it) your sit’n pretty? Get a big back pack with it, it might come in handy!
BDISK