• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Want to build Gaming PC with low budget and some other parts

Jul 10, 2020
I think this is the right category to post this in but idk.
So I want a gaming computer that can run Minecraft, and I don’t have that much of a budget, but I also have an old Gateway AIO ZX6961, and the only problem with it is graphics. There is no room for a GPU. I can use some parts from it interchangeably, but I don’t want to completely dismantle it. Here is what I have to work with:
1xIntel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2100 / 3.1 GHz Dual Core
2x2GB RAM PCI sticks
1xSeagate FireCuda 2TB SSHD SATA Drive
1xCooler Master Heatsink (similar to this)
1xWindows Product Key
I want to be able to run Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Windows 10 edition. For as little as possible, how can I make a PC capable of this?

Don't bother trying out of the AIO. Your CPU is below recommended minimum.

It appears that the game will run on integrated graphics of a pretty low bar, and anything past 3rd gen Intel.
I would have suggested an Optiplex 4th gen, something 7020/9020, but it appears that like everything else right now the price is raised beyond value. You "should" be able to find one without a drive/OS for ~$100-150. The MT/DT version is preferable for later adding in a GPU.

Look for a MT prebuilt on ebay, think optiplex 7010 MT or t1600, they're usually $60-$80. They usually come with a cpu and ram. Building a rig by getting a new case, psu and used motherboard to transfer the old parts will cost more unfortunately.

the psu on the prebuilts usually isn't great, so the gpu would be one without a pci-e connection, think gt730,r7 250/260, and other similar options.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS