[SOLVED] Want to build Gaming PC with low budget and some other parts

YouTownsPerson

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
I think this is the right category to post this in but idk.
So I want a gaming computer that can run Minecraft, and I don’t have that much of a budget, but I also have an old Gateway AIO ZX6961, and the only problem with it is graphics. There is no room for a GPU. I can use some parts from it interchangeably, but I don’t want to completely dismantle it. Here is what I have to work with:
1xIntel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2100 / 3.1 GHz Dual Core
2x2GB RAM PCI sticks
1xSeagate FireCuda 2TB SSHD SATA Drive
1xCooler Master Heatsink (similar to this)
1xWindows Product Key
I want to be able to run Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Windows 10 edition. For as little as possible, how can I make a PC capable of this?

Solution
Look for a MT prebuilt on ebay, think optiplex 7010 MT or t1600, they're usually $60-$80. They usually come with a cpu and ram. Building a rig by getting a new case, psu and used motherboard to transfer the old parts will cost more unfortunately.

the psu on the prebuilts usually isn't great, so the gpu would be one without a pci-e connection, think gt730,r7 250/260, and other similar options.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Don't bother trying out of the AIO. Your CPU is below recommended minimum.

It appears that the game will run on integrated graphics of a pretty low bar, and anything past 3rd gen Intel.
I would have suggested an Optiplex 4th gen, something 7020/9020, but it appears that like everything else right now the price is raised beyond value. You "should" be able to find one without a drive/OS for ~$100-150. The MT/DT version is preferable for later adding in a GPU.

Look for a MT prebuilt on ebay, think optiplex 7010 MT or t1600, they're usually $60-$80. They usually come with a cpu and ram. Building a rig by getting a new case, psu and used motherboard to transfer the old parts will cost more unfortunately.

the psu on the prebuilts usually isn't great, so the gpu would be one without a pci-e connection, think gt730,r7 250/260, and other similar options.

Solution