Question Want to buy a budget gpu for Photoshop / Premiere

Evil Nemesis

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
Hi, I sold my Sapphire rx480 4gb as I needed the cash but now Photoshop is lagging and lacking some features like, smooth zoom, oil paint etc. Photoshop system requirements official page says that you do need a DX12 GPU which supports OpenGL 3.4 and OpenCL miniimum. Premiere also says that my builtin gfx card is not fully supported which is "Intel HD 4600".
Now I have Few options:
  1. Quadro K620 - Which is in 4200 rs.
  2. R9 360 - 13500 rs.
  3. 750 ti. - 14000/- rs.
1 USD is = 187 rs.
So I want to record with OBS (not stream) and I have Intel i7 4470 with 16gb of ram. I want to play old games like Doom 3 BFG edition, Hitman first 4 parts. which even work on my builtin graphic card but not so smoothly. I run a YT gaming channel and I'm a photo and video editor. I don't play new games and don't want to really as the GPU prices are still very up these days. BTW I sold my rx 480 in rs. 31000/-

So please help me in choosing a good / cheap gpu which could boost performance for those apps and could run some old games. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
I run a YT gaming channel and I'm a photo and video editor.
With all due respect, you're going to need something either similar to what you had before or higher. If you're asking what to get among those 3 cards, I'd say none of them.

You should also state the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. What sort of cards do you have access to? I'm assuming you're in India(considering you mentioned Rupees as your currency)? Which version of Photoshop and Premiere are you working with at this moment of time?

Evil Nemesis

Prominent
Sep 12, 2020
I have Corsair PSU 420... I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 and Premiere CC 2022. They worked fine on rx 560 which was the one I had before even on 7770 HD.