Want to Buy a Dell 4700 but Dell Website is Pushing 5100

Mike

Splendid

My buddy is a first time PC user. I suggested he purchase a Dell 4700 w/
3Ghz cpu, 1g ram & 80g HDD, CD Rom\DVD+- burner, 128mb ati video adapter and
19" lcd display for around $1,200.00. He's interested in running math
programs, crusing the internet, email, burning cds\dvds . We got on the
dell website where dell is promoting the 5100. How is it better than the
4700 for what my buddy wants to use it for? Is there any reason to buy a
FDD anymore?

Thanks,

Mike.

"Mike" <question@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the warranty for pcs sold thru the outlet?
>
> Mike

Same as whatever you'd purchase on the retail / new site. You have to buy
upgrades.

However, the total satisfaction guarantee from the outlet is only 15 days
compared to 21 for a new systems - that's from the DATE of INVOICE.

Stew

Mike

Splendid

Thanks.