[SOLVED] Want to buy gaming PC. What do I need ? What is too much ?

Sep 21, 2019
Hello everybody,

I want to buy a new gaming PC.
I searched a lot on websites which offer premade PCs and I need advice on what I need.

I play games like : League of Legends, CS:GO, Darksouls 1-3; and I am also intrested in playing games like Apex Legends or Monster Hunter world
and of course I want to play them on decent graphics with good fps.

I am a "Multi-tasker" which means : I like to TAB a lot between Chrome Hearthstone and other Games or applications.
Id love to have all of it running smooth.

I also want to be able to stream on twitch and use 2-3 desktops.

My Questions are : -What is the minimum I need for this ? CPU/GPU/ect.
-Is there a big difference between AMD Ryzen or Intel Core or AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GForce ? If yes: what is it and what is better for me ?
-If I want a cheap PC before I go for the dream .. lets say 500 € max. - What can I expect from that ? Will I be able to play all the games I called out ?

English is not my mothertongue and I am a newbe when it comes to Hardware-Building or such.
I appreciate help/advice a lot and am looking forward to it.

Thank you all for your patience and time
Willimp

Edit : Oh, also this is my first Forum post ever. Hope I didn`t go against any rules or such.

Solution
Since you'll be doing a lot, get one with at least 16gb of ram.

At the minimum go with an AMD ryzen 3600 and a gtx 1660. The amd rx580 can work but wont handle 1080p at 60fps in some titles at max settings.
Atm intel is still faster in pure gaming by about 10fps, but amd provides better productivity with more cores/threads (streaming) at the same cost or less and the performance is close enough to not matter unless one plans to game at 240fps.

The storage should be a ssd for the boot drive for the best experience.

At 500 €, it'll be hard to find something that can play the games well, most likely you'll be looking at a ryzen 3400g with no gpu and just integrated graphics(think gtx750), or an older ryzen 1200-1400 or maybe a ryzen...

At the minimum go with an AMD ryzen 3600 and a gtx 1660. The amd rx580 can work but wont handle 1080p at 60fps in some titles at max settings.
Atm intel is still faster in pure gaming by about 10fps, but amd provides better productivity with more cores/threads (streaming) at the same cost or less and the performance is close enough to not matter unless one plans to game at 240fps.

At 500 €, it'll be hard to find something that can play the games well, most likely you'll be looking at a ryzen 3400g with no gpu and just integrated graphics(think gtx750), or an older ryzen 1200-1400 or maybe a ryzen 1600/2600 paired with a gtx 1060 3gb or gtx 1060 6gb if lucky.
If going the cheaper option, i'd go with the older ryzens and researching the motherboard to see if the bios can be upgraded to support ryzen 3xxx when upgrading later on.

Solution
Sep 21, 2019

At 500 €, it'll be hard to find something that can play the games well, most likely you'll be looking at a ryzen 3400g with no gpu and just integrated graphics(think gtx750), or an older ryzen 1200-1400 or maybe a ryzen 1600/2600 paired with a gtx 1060 3gb or gtx 1060 6gb if lucky.
If going the cheaper option, i'd go with the older ryzens and researching the motherboard to see if the bios can be upgraded to support ryzen 3xxx when upgrading later on.

Thank you for this detailed answer. It helps a lot, getting an idea.
16 GB Ram sounds comprehensible.
If I get it right, AMD should be the be the better choice for me, over Intel.

Another Question I have is : Should I really try to build a PC ?
Because I never did it, Id be completely new there.
Is there a lot of room for big mistakes ?
How much money good I save on building a PC ? Instead of buying a premade?

Thank you a lot man. I try to mange all the infos u gave me.

Sep 21, 2019
Wow, man. Thank you a lot, for this fast and effective reply.
This is definitely an option I want to consider before gooing for my big dream gaming PC.

So, will I be able to play all the games I called out with this system ?
While using smth like TS3 or Discord ? No Problem ?
Should do they’re not exactly taxing programs and the CPU is a 6 core. Can’t speak for monster hunter world but CSGO can run on a potato, LoL is the same, Dark souls 3 reccomends a GTX 970 so the RX 570 should be fine. If you can stretch the budget I’d go for the 8GB 570 or an 8GB RX 580 from eBay.

Building a pc isnt complicated in the slightest, and each component has at least a 3 year warranty vs a pre-built with one year. The hardest part will probably be setting up the memory xmp profile and there will be a plethora of youtube tutorials if you get stuck. Generally a cheap 500€ user built system will be have a value of a 750€ pre-built. The user built will tend to have more quality components as well.

Monster hunter is the most intensive game of the lot, with the rx 580 getting ~50fps.

The 400w psu, will work with a rx570, but is a bit tight imo. At full load the system can draw 360w, so there is very little wiggle room and if you decide to upgrade eventually or go with a rx580, you'll need a higher watt psu no question.

Sep 21, 2019
Should do they’re not exactly taxing programs and the CPU is a 6 core. Can’t speak for monster hunter world but CSGO can run on a potato, LoL is the same, Dark souls 3 reccomends a GTX 970 so the RX 570 should be fine. If you can stretch the budget I’d go for the 8GB 570 or an 8GB RX 580 from eBay.

Aight, thank you man!

Sep 21, 2019
Building a pc isnt complicated in the slightest, and each component has at least a 3 year warranty vs a pre-built with one year. The hardest part will probably be setting up the memory xmp profile and there will be a plethora of youtube tutorials if you get stuck. Generally a cheap 500€ user built system will be have a value of a 750€ pre-built. The user built will tend to have more quality components as well.

Monster hunter is the most intensive game of the lot, with the rx 580 getting ~50fps.

The 400w psu, will work with a rx570, but is a bit tight imo. At full load the system can draw 360w, so there is very little wiggle room and if you decide to upgrade eventually or go with a rx580, you'll need a higher watt psu no question.

Aight, thank you so much man.
I guess it's better if I really go ahead and build it myself.
Thank you so much and thank you everybody else.

Great experience having my 1st question in a Forum getting lots of quick and good answers. Love it !

Sep 21, 2019
Another question :

If I aim for the big investment for my PC for the next 5-10 years :

Is the following overkill ? If yes; what would be more "safebuy" than "overkill" ?

· Intel Core i9-9900K, 8x 3.60GHz
· RTX 2080 Ti, Palit GamingPro OC
·2TB Seagate BarraCuda
· Scythe Mugen 5
· MSI Z390-A Pro
· 16GB DDR4-3000, Corsair LPX
· 480GB SSD
· 650W Corsair TXM Series

got therse from mifcom as an example.

Thanks and greetings!

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Another question :

If I aim for the big investment for my PC for the next 5-10 years :

Is the following overkill ? If yes; what would be more "safebuy" than "overkill" ?

· Intel Core i9-9900K, 8x 3.60GHz
·
RTX 2080 Ti, Palit GamingPro OC
·2TB
Seagate BarraCuda
· Scythe Mugen 5
· MSI Z390-A Pro
· 16GB DDR4-3000, Corsair LPX
· 480GB SSD
· 650W Corsair TXM Series

For lasting 5 to 10 years it looks fine. I would personally choose a 1 TB SSD to have space for Windows, games and programs. Then a Western Digital (Blue or Black) HDD for storage (music, film, photos and all that).