Question Want to buy RTX 2080TI, need recommendation.

Oct 16, 2019
Need recommendation about what to buy as in which manufacturer of RTX 2080 TI
Nvidia Founders Edition 2080TI
Zotac 2080TI AMP, or
MSI 2080TI Gaming X Trio

Any other recommendation can also be considered.
Thank you

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
I highly doubt you'll find a FE around for sale (maybe second hand) at this point in the cycle.

Really it depends if you want to plug and play or if you'll be overclocking. At which point look at whether they are A or B pcbs. Ive heard rumours about MSI not binning their cards very well. If you'll plug and play look at the specs on offer, most brands are within a hair of each Other at which point thinking about the best cooling solution can be worthwhile.

Oct 16, 2019
I have no intention of overclocking soon (or maybe not at all), A or B pcbs? About MSI i have heard that they have had some issues with some users, but the retailer store (PCDEPOT) is 10-15 mins driving from here so if any issues i can be right there.
I did find a founders edition at amazon japan, but quite pricey, more than i can get the MSI card for at PCDEPOT

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
A and B refers to the quality of the pcb and its ability to overclock. Generally not a concern if you aren't pushing limits.

Id steer clear of FE they are great if you can pick one up at launch but the markup now would be insane.

I know the MSI trio and the Asus Strix OC are good options. Look for cards with a good sized heat sink and good fans, because cooling is an important factor, if you have the budget id go the Stix OC personally.

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
It seems the general consensus is the Asus Strix OC is the best card on the market.

The trio isnt far behind, if its convenient go the MSI by all accounts its a very good card and we are talking about extremely small difference in performance

Reactions: ilijadanil
Oct 16, 2019
i dont think that there will be any difference in performance unless you want to push the card to the limits, and even then it might not be noticeable.
Though i am planning on a new build which includes MSI Gaming Pro Carbon MB, and Seasonic 850w Prime AirTouch with 32g of corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz and Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2 with an i9-9900K. I have the stuff figured out as of what to get, now just choosing the best parts to buy between manufacturers and well it i can buy it here in japan, preferably not online (deliveries can be pain in the ar*e and don't want to return a product just because of bad delivery)

Oct 16, 2019
Also i would guess that Asus Strix OC difference from the actual Asus Strix is similar (or same) as MSI Lighthing Z difference from the Gaming X Trio, which is a bit pricier and i don't really want to buy it when i can achieve it by OC the actual GC

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Overall seems pretty spot on, corsair over seasonic if possible for the psu, though thats just my opinion.

Its to do with binning, power delivery, ceiling ranges etc... but like we are talking maybe 5% in the optimum situation

Oct 16, 2019
Overall seems pretty spot on, corsair over seasonic if possible for the psu, though thats just my opinion.

Its to do with binning, power delivery, ceiling ranges etc... but like we are talking maybe 5% in the optimum situation

Well, about that (Corsair over Seasonic) i cannot really agree too much because as far as i am aware, the higner tier PSU supply from Corsair are actually OEM Seasonic if i am not wrong? So i would prefer to buy the actual Seasonic itself which at least for me will be more reliable (the chosen Seasonic PSU have 12 years warranty either way hehe).
Also, thank you for all the replies.

TRENDING THREADS