[SOLVED] Want to change my mobo (s1155 + rx 570)

Falcone

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Hi, i want to change my MOBO and myb CPU. My current components:
CPU: i5 3340 3.1 GHz
GPU: RX 570 4 GB asus strix
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
MOBO: gigabyte technology co. ltd z68p-ds3 - (LGA 1155 socket)

I want to replace the motherboard because I lost the internet port due to a thunderstorm. I can buy the same motherboard and it costs around 30-40 euros, but it usually comes with a CPU.
I want to find the best solution to solve this problem, and I can spend somewhere around 100-130 euros at most.

I'm thinking whether to take only same mobo or the Intel Core I7 3770 processor for somewhere around 40-50 euros plus the mobo of course.
The current cpu and the one i may intend to get have the same socket, and honestly I wouldn't spend a lot to buy a stronger cpu than the current one.
I'm only interested in whether both (current and new) processors (1155 ivy bridge) can only be plug and play or will i have to update the bios ?
Of course, will the i7 bottleneck my graphics a lot ?
Or should i leave everything as it is, and invest what I was thinking of giving to the new cpu in an additional RAM ?

I am complicating a lot, but the situation is really difficult for me, I want to find the best solution.

Falcone

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
RAM?

I thought you were just looking for ethernet/WiFi...

If you want to change for other reasons, thats a whole different thing.
Im somehow afraid that these adapters won't give the same speed as the integrated ones, thats also one of the reasons why I want another mobo and probably a processor. I'm probably wrong?

Also, every time I turn on the pc, I have pixels on the screen (BIOS screen) and this has been happening since I inserted this gpu. And no, it's not about the gpu, it works perfectly fine, but I think its because of the bios (i think that update is needed). This is not problem now, but just need to remind because myb with new (used) mobo, i will solve these weird problems

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Im somehow afraid that these adapters won't give the same speed as the integrated ones, thats also one of the reasons why I want another mobo and probably a processor. I'm probably wrong?

Also, every time I turn on the pc, I have pixels on the screen (BIOS screen) and this has been happening since I inserted this gpu. And no, it's not about the gpu, it works perfectly fine, but I think its because of the bios (i think that update is needed). This is not problem now, but just need to remind because myb with new (used) mobo, i will solve these weird problems
A good quality PCIe ethernet agdapter will deliver the typical gigabit performance, just like your native ethernet port did.

June 2020 I also had a lightning strike take out my ethernet port.

A $15 PCIe adapter, and there was zero difference.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS