Question Want to check on my parts list

Jul 15, 2021
I'm getting together a nice gaming computer for my kid to use for VR and other gaming for their 18th birthday.
It's been awhile since I've looked into building a computer and Graphics cards are shocking! We're going to wait on a new one of those for a few months and see if the price comes down a bit. We'll reuse the GPU in their current machine until then.

Here's the components I am looking at buying, would you let me know if they will work well together and be a good gaming computer for a few years?
Thanks for your time

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR4 3200
Power: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 V2
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A
Boot drive: Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB
Storage drive: XPG Gammix S50 1TB

Jul 14, 2021
the 5600x is a really great gaming cpu that should last several years, my 2600 is going strong 3 years later and the 5600x is way more future proof than mine. what gpus were you looking at to pair?

Jul 15, 2021
the 5600x is a really great gaming cpu that should last several years, my 2600 is going strong 3 years later and the 5600x is way more future proof than mine. what gpus were you looking at to pair?
From the reviews on this site, I was thinking about the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti or Radeon RX 6800 XT once the price and supply evens out.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I really don't see a cost savings from 3200mhz ddr4 to 3600mhz(maybe 10 bucks).

Check the MB list, but I have had great luck on with the crucial 3600mhz cl16 and its affordable too.

Pricing on the 2TB drives really went up of late, so I get splitting the drives based on cost. I have used 980's and S50's I have had great luck. You don't have to isntall the software with each, but I might would just switch both drives to the same brand to avoid having both softwares if you want to use them. (samsung software looks better), but both drives work great.

On the power supply I would increase budget by about 35 bucks for a corsair rm850 (nice to have some overhead in case you change cards down the road)

Looks like an awesome build!!

Jul 15, 2021
Thanks for the input. I will take a look at your suggestions and see what I can find. For the RAM, I went with what was suggested on the MB page I was looking at.

Splitting the drives is probably on old school reaction for me :). Good point about making them the same for software usage.