Question Want to DBAN my laptop, but DBAN doesn't boot from flash drive.

May 3, 2023
I downloaded DBAN iso file and also downloaded rufus to make a bootable lexar flash drive, I selected DBAN iso file and click on START to create a bootable flash drive, its all good, however, when I restart my pc and I go to the boot tab in the BIOS, I select lexar partition 1, press enter and all that happens is the screen flickers and nothing happens, all it does is just a flicker and thats it. any idea what might be happening that I can't boot the flash drive for DBAN? Thanks in advance.

Ronaldcharles

BANNED
Apr 21, 2023
You have created a bootable flash drive using Rufus and the DBAN ISO file, but when you try to boot from the flash drive, the screen flickers and nothing happens. It's possible that there may be a problem with the boot order or the settings in your BIOS. You can try checking your BIOS settings to ensure that the USB drive is set as the primary boot device and that the boot order is correct. You may also want to try a different USB drive or use a different tool to create the bootable drive.

May 3, 2023
Thanks you two for trying to help me, actually I kind of went lurking more info about this and checking my own PC and stuff and was able to format the HDD and install windows 11 on my SSD :) thanks for the help tho. I didn't used dban.