[SOLVED] Want to do "Reset this PC" for windows 10 but worried about some apps

Nov 5, 2019
(Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this)

Hi, as the title says, I want to reset my pc mostly because I need to my visual c++ programs are kind of messed up but i'm worried about some of the programs that will be removed.

I'm mostly worried about the Intel programs that will be removed (check picture)> picture

Will they be automatically reinstalled once the reset is done or do I have to reinstall them myself and if I do have to, how would I go about doing that?

[mod edit - watch language]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Gigabyte app centre will download any drivers for board. If you weren't clean installing I would just suggest getting the 2 drivers below by themselves but on a new fresh install you undoubtedly have other old drivers loaded by windows.

it should grab Intel management Engine interface.

it will also grab a newer version of the Intel Network Connections as website has 23.5 and you only have 23.0 installed.

drivers not on website -
Optane drivers - I know windows store has some of these so might be downloaded via windows.
Wifi drivers since motherboard only has LAN

everything else needs to be gotten from its own website.
(Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this)

Hi, as the title says, I want to reset my pc mostly because I need to my visual c++ programs are kind of Removed but i'm worried about some of the programs that will be removed.

I'm mostly worried about the Intel programs that will be removed (check picture)> picture

Will they be automatically reinstalled once the reset is done or do I have to reinstall them myself and if I do have to, how would I go about doing that?
You could download the programs on that list, they are all available online, and re-install them after you reset the pc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master

Do you know what motherboard you have? Its generally best idea to visit the web site for the board and check you have newest drivers once its reset as windows will try to find drivers for the hardware, there is just no guarantees its the newest drivers.

Win 10 might download them all off the windows store.I can see Optane is on there so other drivers might be as well.

pmjm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Those apps will likely be gone after a windows reset. But they were probably installed off the disc that came with your motherboard originally. Do you still have that disc? There may be newer versions available than the ones on the disc too.

Did your computer come from a big manufacturer like Dell, HP, etc? Or is it a custom build? Either way, head to the manufacturer's site, or the maker of your motherboard and go to the support page for your board. Download all the latest drivers for everything and save them to an external drive. After your reset, you can install them one-by-one.

Nov 5, 2019
My motherboard is a Gigabyte z370 hd3 and my PC is from cyberpower. I might be blind but I don't see the drivers on the Intel website but I think I need download something called "Gigabyte app center" but not 100% sure

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gigabyte app centre will download any drivers for board. If you weren't clean installing I would just suggest getting the 2 drivers below by themselves but on a new fresh install you undoubtedly have other old drivers loaded by windows.

it should grab Intel management Engine interface.

it will also grab a newer version of the Intel Network Connections as website has 23.5 and you only have 23.0 installed.

drivers not on website -
Optane drivers - I know windows store has some of these so might be downloaded via windows.
Wifi drivers since motherboard only has LAN

everything else needs to be gotten from its own website.

Last edited:
Solution