Want to hear your thoughts on purchasing parts over time

Inquisitivenoob

Reputable
May 23, 2015
Say someone wants to build a PC and buy the parts one at a time. What order would be wise and why? Like case first because it can't be faulty? Consider return time if faulty, risk of defect, and cost when picking order.

Assume all parts would be for an $800 build and purchased at a rate of $100 invested every 2 weeks

Don't say save and buy at one time. It's not the point of this thread

Solution
+ the agonizing feeling of having a high end parts but unable to use it coz it's still incomplete :(
return policy is about 30 days, but u should still have some warranty so i guess that's fine
the shipping cost should be higher since each parts will have their own cost instead of all in one shipping :)

should u want to do that:
might want to order from the case as u refer, coz that's the thing that should have no problem
followed by PSU > mobo > CPU > cooler (if u're using aftermarket) > RAM (make sure it fits with the cooler's size) > GPU

i made the order like this bcz:
1. it'll help u while building, since it's pretty much on the same order
2. prevent any kind of incompabilities (get the mobo + CPU u like, then after putting the...
+ the agonizing feeling of having a high end parts but unable to use it coz it's still incomplete :(
return policy is about 30 days, but u should still have some warranty so i guess that's fine
the shipping cost should be higher since each parts will have their own cost instead of all in one shipping :)

should u want to do that:
might want to order from the case as u refer, coz that's the thing that should have no problem
followed by PSU > mobo > CPU > cooler (if u're using aftermarket) > RAM (make sure it fits with the cooler's size) > GPU

i made the order like this bcz:
1. it'll help u while building, since it's pretty much on the same order
2. prevent any kind of incompabilities (get the mobo + CPU u like, then after putting the cooler, see how much distance ur cooler and RAM slot have, etc)

*this is all my opinion*

Solution

TRENDING THREADS