Question Want to heavily compress a folder. Pls Help!

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, I have GTAV installed on my pc from epic games it is huge like above 100gb. So my friend wants it cause he has got some problems with his own GTAV installation. I only have a 32gb flash drive. Is there anyway to bring the installation under 28.6gb(cause bytes to bits)?? Or maybe transfer it over internet for free?? A quick help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If the distance isn't that far, you can always use 7-zip to split the archive into several smaller files. Then make 3 or 4 tours fourth and back to load/unload the usb stic. If money being a greater issue than the cumbersomeness traveling around with a usb stick.

Feb 7, 2022
If the distance isn't that far, you can always use 7-zip to split the archive into several smaller files. Then make 3 or 4 tours fourth and back to load/unload the usb stic. If money being a greater issue than the cumbersomeness traveling around with a usb stick.
That could work. But why would I carry an usb stick, I can do it like 8 times with google drive

Search for create private torrent, it will create a link that your friend loads into his torrent client and that's all, he will be downloading the files right from your directory you can even keep playing while he does it, this is a legal way to transfer large amounts of data.

As far as legal goes that is, if we are typical copying your files and giving them to your friend is illegal, you don't have the right to redistribute created copies.

If your friend just deletes a few files the rockstar check should kick in and scan all the files for problems and fix any problems by downloading anything it needs.

USAFRet

Titan
Let me tell you, downloading 100Gb + is a huge undertaking if you don't have great internet.
And if he is only allowed some hours per day having the system turned on...
And with the OPs (and others) concept of downloading it from a google drive or private torrent....zero difference!

Actually, almost certainly a lot slower, because you have to factor in the Upload speed of the host system.
Rather than direct from Epic.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, that's why he wanted to compress it into an external drive and carry it over.
Yes, and we've gone over that as to why that almost certainly won't work.
That data is almost certainly already 'compressed' at some level.

But then, someone opined about google drive.
And then, someone else opined about a private torrent.
So.....

Sneakernet, in how ever many trips it takes.
Or, the 'friend' simply downloads it. He may well have a crappy connection. Or may not.
We out here have NO idea if that is indeed the case.

That could work. But why would I carry an usb stick, I can do it like 8 times with google drive
I was about to answer - yes that is of course also possible.

And then as mentioned:
Let me tell you, downloading 100Gb + is a huge undertaking if you don't have great internet.
And if he is only allowed some hours per day having the system turned on...