[SOLVED] Want to know about AMD Ryzen Processor?

romanwantoknow

Commendable
Jul 21, 2020
<Moderator Note: Edited to correct the CPU name>

I will change my processor. I have used Intel's processor all my life. I want to know about Ryzen 3 3200g Processor.

I know it has very powerful builtin graphics. But I need to know about How stable Ryzen processor than Intel? I have used 3 Intel processors in my life, Each has used more than 3 years. But I've never seen an Intel processor crash. My PC runs about 18 hours daily.

So, I need to know #1 - how long-lasting an AMD Processor? Will it last like Intel?
#2 - my PC will run a long time daily, Will it be able to run all day coldly like Intel.

I want to take Ryzen for my budget.

[Sry for my Eng]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I am currently running a Ryzen 7 3700X mated to a Gigabyte X570UD motherboard. A few things to keep in mind: 1) make sure to look up your future motherboard's QVL (Qualified Vendors List) to make sure that your choice of RAM is supported. If not, you will suffer blue screens of death. 2) Also, make sure that your motherboard's bios is a final bios and not a beta bios. Gigabyte bioses that are betas will have a lower-cased letter at the end of the bios version (such as F20e). Avoid betas at all cost! 3) the current Ryzen processors all require Windows 10 that is current in order to get through the installation of the operating system. For me, it meant version 1909 at the minimum. The last I checked, the most up-to-date version of...

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Even though I have bought myself a Ryzen recently, I don't think there is much difference in stability between the two. It would be not good publicity if they were unstable. It's more about whether the motherboard is stable than the CPU

D

Deleted member 2720853

Do be careful when choosing a board for that CPU. Make sure to check the motherboard's compatibility list so that the CPU shows up on it. The stock cooler will do just fine on that CPU, and Ryzens are fantastic, upgrading myself to a Ryzen 9 3900X soon.

It will perform just fine in games, especially when paired with a good GPU.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I am currently running a Ryzen 7 3700X mated to a Gigabyte X570UD motherboard. A few things to keep in mind: 1) make sure to look up your future motherboard's QVL (Qualified Vendors List) to make sure that your choice of RAM is supported. If not, you will suffer blue screens of death. 2) Also, make sure that your motherboard's bios is a final bios and not a beta bios. Gigabyte bioses that are betas will have a lower-cased letter at the end of the bios version (such as F20e). Avoid betas at all cost! 3) the current Ryzen processors all require Windows 10 that is current in order to get through the installation of the operating system. For me, it meant version 1909 at the minimum. The last I checked, the most up-to-date version of Win 10 was version 2004. 4) Lastly, if you wish to run two monitors or more - plug all monitors into the video card. You cannot run one monitor from the card and another from the motherboard. I hope this helps.

Solution