[SOLVED] Want to know if my overclocking is stable?

Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
FX6300 with tx3 evo cpu cooler overclocked to 4.1Ghz
Board: GA-78LMT-S2
CPU core control - Manual
Core multiplier - 20.5x
CPU Volt - 1.2150V
NB Volt - 1.1900V

All good?
Ive passed 2H stability test of AMD Overdrive.
Do need to change other options in BIOS

While testing with Prime95
Worker#4 and #5 not running
1 error

Solution

Temperature has everything to do with successful overclocking and I see no mention of that at all in your posting.

Stress test failures are usually because you have not supplied enough CPU voltage to support the multiplier you're overclocking to and that sir is with manual BIOS overclocking, taking control of everything and not allowing any auto features running.

There are many contributing factors as well like how fast of memory are you attempting to run and overclock the multiplier as well, what other BIOS settings that may still be enabled that should be disabled etc.

I 2nd Soulage post recommendation to go back to square one, study how to do...

Soulage

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
No it's not stable, please do yourself a favor, load the defaults back and read up a bit about what you're changing and why before continuing. Check some of the stickys on the forum, google etc. At the moment you'll probably be getting better performance at stock. It may be a bit blunt but you'll be better off in the long run.

Temperature has everything to do with successful overclocking and I see no mention of that at all in your posting.

Stress test failures are usually because you have not supplied enough CPU voltage to support the multiplier you're overclocking to and that sir is with manual BIOS overclocking, taking control of everything and not allowing any auto features running.

There are many contributing factors as well like how fast of memory are you attempting to run and overclock the multiplier as well, what other BIOS settings that may still be enabled that should be disabled etc.

I 2nd Soulage post recommendation to go back to square one, study how to do what you're doing to gain a full understanding, and then do it, before you damage something only replacing it can fix.

Once you get to the point your stress testing is not failing, your thread title "Want to know if my overclocking is stable?" you can use the link below past stress testing to get you 100% stable.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2345618/reaching-cpu-overclocking-stability.html

Solution