Want to learn OS/Hardware

Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

I can personally recommend this book:
http://www.course.com/catalog/product.cfm?isbn=0-619-21324-8

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"XPUser" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
> about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
> and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
> someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

For a start, read everything you can in these newsgroups. They are a wealth
of information.

Additionally, type in what you are looking for in Google and browse some of
the top (non paid) responses.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"XPUser" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
> about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
> and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
> someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

Thanks for your input guys !! And if anyone also wants to add there
opinion ? Please do , I will check back to see if anyone else has added
their opinion ...

Help and Support on your machine has lots of info.

Articles for home users
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;consumerindex

Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx

Windows XP How-to and Technical Article Resources
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/articlelinks.mspx

How to Use Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/default.mspx

Windows XP Professional How-to Resources
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/howto/winxphow.mspx

Search Help
;searchhelp]http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=gp;[ln];searchhelp

Scroll down to read...Advanced Search Options
Search the Support Knowledge Base (KB)

How to query the Microsoft Knowledge Base by using keywords and query words
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;242450

Search the Support Knowledge Base (KB) Community Solutions Content
;cmtycntent]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=gp;[ln];cmtycntent

Some of the best Windows XP books
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/HTML/Books.htm

Microsoft TechNet: Home
http://technet.microsoft.com/default.aspx

MSDN Home Page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit Documentation
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prork_overview.asp

Microsoft TechNet: Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/default.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes