Want to make my TV display better resolution

zmackdavis

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I found a couple TVs laying around our office, and I was hoping to make one my monitor. The problem is that the native resolution is so big, that I really can't use it the way I was hoping to. I had been looking into dual monitors, but is there any way that I can just make the resolution on this "BBY LCD TV" small enough that I won't need dual monitors, or something close? I work on a lot of different things at once, and would like the luxury of not having to tab between so many things. Do I need another driver? Is it even possible? I've got Intel HD built in graphics.

Thank you!

Solution
Most TVs that connect to a PC usually will connect at the TV's highest resolution. So if the TV doesn't display enough on the screen at one time, you should check the specs on the TV to see what resolution it supports.

You're likely better going with two computer LCD monitors. Having two monitors can also help to segregate the content, which often is hard with a single large screen.
Most TVs that connect to a PC usually will connect at the TV's highest resolution. So if the TV doesn't display enough on the screen at one time, you should check the specs on the TV to see what resolution it supports.

You're likely better going with two computer LCD monitors. Having two monitors can also help to segregate the content, which often is hard with a single large screen.

Solution