Want to move W10 to SSD

Ajdee6

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
I know about the programs that migrate it but my SSD is not big enough for all my files. I want to do a clean install to my SSD but do not have a product key for Windows 10 because I upgraded from 8.1, so I guess its a digital licenses that I have now instead of a product key.... How would I be able to move/fresh install windows 10 to my ssd?

Solution

This.

And:

Use the media creation toolkit to make a USB/DVD to install windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Do you log into windows with a Microsoft Account? Gamer's link covers that.

After linking your accounts, you can install windows 10, if it asks for a key, just skip it. when it asks you to login with your microsoft account or create a local account, use the microsoft account you linked previously, and then it should activate automatically.

You don't have to install windows 8 and upgrade it again.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
install win 8.1, install all suggested updates, at some point it will ask you if you want to upgrade to win 10 (for free)....if this does not work, then I am afraid that you will have to purchase a new license, also there will be give a phone number when you try to activate win 10, call that number and follow the prompts.....it will ask you on how many computers you have the software installed, just answer one and a new activation key will be issued.....there is nothing illegal with this method, since you are reinstalling the software on the same machine...hope it works

This.

And:

Use the media creation toolkit to make a USB/DVD to install windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Do you log into windows with a Microsoft Account? Gamer's link covers that.

After linking your accounts, you can install windows 10, if it asks for a key, just skip it. when it asks you to login with your microsoft account or create a local account, use the microsoft account you linked previously, and then it should activate automatically.

You don't have to install windows 8 and upgrade it again.

Solution