klipsch promedia v2.400 speakers
enermax 350 watt power supply
Global Win FOP38 Heatsink/fan
Mistsubishi diamon dro 2020u 22in monitor
microsoft internet keyboard
microsoft explorter intellimouse optical
Win ME
Det. drivers 6.50

I was wondering if it would be okay to try and overclock my cpu. My clock multiple is set to 9x and my external freq. to 133mhz. I was going to push the external freq. up to 160 -165 leaving the multiplyier set to 9x. ( on the a7m266 mobo the multiplier can not be changed). This should push me up to about 1.5 gig. My idle cpu temp. is 47 - 48C. When using like playing games it goes up to 53c. Would it be bad to my system if i try to do this? And if i wanted to what other things do i have to do. I plan on using the jumperless settings in the bios. My vio1 setting is 2.8volts and my vio setting is3.45 volts. thanks for any help.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Well sigma, Your kinda out of luck bud. You CAN jump the FSB setting on the MB to get a higher speed, but do you realise that risks running all your PCI and AGP Video Card out of spec. and therefore MAYBE some devices wont function properly, let alone the EV6 Bus that the Athlon uses doesnt liek to be toyed with TO much. Maybe you should wait to see if maybe Asus will release a newer BIOS which will allow you to chaneg the Multiplier from within the BIOS. Your VIO and VIO1 settings are normal. I Would recomend however to get some more case cooling. (If you have not already) Becasue your idle CPU Temp seems quite high. Anyways thats my 2 cents.

-MeTaL RoCkEr

Burn MF, BURN!!!

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, crash is accurate. If you have good RAM you should be able to reach 150mhz with no problem, but beyond 150mhz is REALLY hard. But, if that's not an AXIA, don't expect to reach 1.5Ghz.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"