Want to Run Windows 10 without Internet

OldTascam

Honorable
Jan 16, 2017
I am building a dedicated Digital Audio Workstation. I would prefer to not have any internet connection. Can I run Windows 10 without ever connecting to the internet (aside from downloading Windows to a thumb drive using a different machine)? I don't care about getting updates. Won't need them. But will Windows fuss about it? TIA!

Solution
To activate it you'll want Internet and updates usually provide better stability and performance so you'd at least want initially to do it at least once. As well your DAW software may have updates that come out, your plugins, drivers for your sound device, GPU, etc. Not a bad idea to have bet available now and again to update things.
To activate it you'll want Internet and updates usually provide better stability and performance so you'd at least want initially to do it at least once. As well your DAW software may have updates that come out, your plugins, drivers for your sound device, GPU, etc. Not a bad idea to have bet available now and again to update things.

Solution

you'll need internet to activate and validate your windows 10 software. once that's done you can take it offline.

With Win10, there are several levels of protecting your PC. For one, you could "not use it", sticking with Win 7 .... use Pro version which gives you more control and at the most basic level, turn off WUs ability to install hardware drivers. You could also plug in the cable only when you want access.... even works if you want it never.

You can also give it a static ip address and just leave out the default gateway, this will allow you to be on the local network but not allow you internet access. Then when you want internet just type in the default gateway and you have internet, no trying to fumble around with trying to plug a cable in the back, its just a quick setting change.