Want to switch back to HDD

Charles Lalonde

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
Okay so, I had a HDD with windows7, Then I bought a SSD and used macrium to copy everything on the SSD. Lately I've been Getting DISK usage 100% for no obvious reason so I decided to format while upgrading to win 10, still same problem. I will probably send back the corsair SSD for a replacement but in the mean time I want to use my old HDD that still has Windows7, how do I proceed?

InvalidError

Titan
Set your old HDD as the default boot device in BIOS and that should be it if nothing messed up with the Win7 partition in the meantime.

I usually flip-flop between my two newest HDDs/SSDs whenever I need to re-install Windows so I have my old install to go back to if anything goes wrong with the install or I need to do something and don't have time to finish re-installing and re-configuring everything first.

Get EasyBCD. It will allow you to set you up to boot Windows 7. Bear in mind though that when you do a fresh install of Windows, there will be a whole lot of downloading and installing updates. So before you decide there's something wrong with the SSD, give it some time to see if that's the problem.

Charles Lalonde

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013

Okay so basically I just plug the other drive and boot, It will be the same way it was. cool ty.
EDIT: Well, the HDD is still in place but not plugged, anyways, I'll just plug it back into sata1 and boot.

Charles Lalonde

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013

Ok I dont think I need EasyBCD, and I wont be doing a fresh install of windows for the moment. By switching drives tho, I can for sure say if it's the other drive that is bad.