Question Want to update BIOS on Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO

jazz34

Honorable
Apr 24, 2014
Hello forum,I recently purchased a new computer,built it,installed the OS etc..So,everything went fine until I Shut it down to go to sleep,but forgot to do something.
So I opened it again and a message poped up on the screen "Rebbot and Select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press a key",anyway I managed to fix that by reseting the bios.
Then I noticed that the bios are far from updated and there is a bios file on Gigabyte's site that says "Improved M.2 compatibility",since my OS runs on a M.2 I thought maybe updating to that version but before updating to that version it says that I need to update to the older versions before that and above my current one that means I have to update my bios 2 times so there won't be any problems or crashes but isn't it risky?

By the way i have a Ryzen 5 2600 cpu.

Sep 24, 2019
No, Not risky IMO. I've had to do that plenty of times through the years, but I usually wait a day or 2 between updating just for good measure.

wazzafab

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
Same issue. Aorus B450 Elite, Rzyen 5 2600. Wanting to update the bios, however, some things I need clarity on:

1. Do I need to update the bios - My Bios version is F5, dated 25/1/2019
  2. What driver should I download - there is a lot of confusing "before update x, do w. But before w, do v. What are the ones I need to update, for the love of all that is Holy can they not just make this simple? It's a guessing game at best.
  3. I've tried backing up my bios, i select the drive from the drop-down, select the folder I want to save it to, and when clicking on the big arrow, which presumably means "next step" it says "file already exists, do I want to overwrite?" And it doesn't matter what folder I'm selecting to save it to, it still says the same thing. Obviously it's a bit confused. What is it wanting to overwrite, there isn't anything there, it's the first time i'm using this USB and saving to it for these purposes.

Someone who has successfully done this should post a short how-to or video, explaining these weird issues and what to do.

I will if I ever get it right.