[SOLVED] Want to update MB Bios

iXorizon

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2016
So i have a Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) and i wanted to update to the last bios (because my rgb ram is not showing up in armoury crate) and my current bios is 8 months old, so I downloaded the latest bios which is a month old, and there is a n instruction on the website that tells you to rename it to M11HW.cap using a BIOSRenamer tool but there is no biosrenamer tool in the zip file. help?

So i have a Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) and i wanted to update to the last bios (because my rgb ram is not showing up in armoury crate) and my current bios is 8 months old, so I downloaded the latest bios which is a month old, and there is a n instruction on the website that tells you to rename it to M11HW.cap using a BIOSRenamer tool but there is no biosrenamer tool in the zip file. help?
They must have forgotten to include the tool on the compressed file .
Just download a previous BIOS version (e.g. Version 0903) where you will find the BIOSRenamer tool.
Copy the BIOSRenamer tool to the folder with the new BIOS.

iXorizon

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2016
They must have forgotten to include the tool on the compressed file .
Just download a previous BIOS version (e.g. Version 0903) where you will find the BIOSRenamer tool.
Copy the BIOSRenamer tool to the folder with the new BIOS.
So I downloaded v0903 and the biosrenamer was there, i placed it in there with the newest bios file and it renamed it to what it needed to be, then I put the .cap file in my flash drive, popped it into my pc, and went into the bios to update the bios and everything went smoothly. But my ram is still not getting detected, atleast now I have a newer bios