[SOLVED] want to upgrade CPU and RAM from i3-8100 -> i5-9400

Mar 26, 2020
my setup

i3-8100 | GTX 750 ti | 8GB

with Gigabyte H310M

i play PUBGM/ CODM using emulator.. so far so good and smooth

i want to stream... using OBS.. so lagg. CPU Usage 100%

so i think want to upgrade to i5-9400... and buy extra 8GB ddr 4...

so, with i5-9400 | GTX 750 ti | 16GB, can i play PUBGM/CODM while stream?

BTW, i'm emulator user. using GAMELOOP

please, i am newbie

please advise. what to upgrade first

#so_bored
#Covid-19
#lockdown

m72Yrxf.png

Last edited:
Solution
You probably need an i7. The game plays fine you said, so the CPU has enough thread power for that. It breaks down when you try to do other things as well. What you need is cores and more of them. To be able to handle many tasks at once.

The 9xxx series chips are newer than your 8xxx, so make sure you update the bios before removing your current CPU. At some point you'll need to upgrade your 750 as well seeing as it's not much of a GPU. Though if you are playing android games it's more than enough.

4745454b

Titan
You probably need an i7. The game plays fine you said, so the CPU has enough thread power for that. It breaks down when you try to do other things as well. What you need is cores and more of them. To be able to handle many tasks at once.

The 9xxx series chips are newer than your 8xxx, so make sure you update the bios before removing your current CPU. At some point you'll need to upgrade your 750 as well seeing as it's not much of a GPU. Though if you are playing android games it's more than enough.

Solution
Mar 26, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Which i7 do you mean? Is i5-9400F good enough gaming android games and stream?