[SOLVED] Want to upgrade my graphics card to run newer games is this a good choice thats compatible?

Dec 26, 2020
Ive been noticing that my computer is not performing as well as it should be during certain newer games which I wish to play, my current specs are:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Installed Ram: 8.00 GB
BaseBoard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product: MAXIMUS VI HERO
BaseBoard Version: Rev 1.xx
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
I was looking to upgrade my graphics card to play games like Monster Hunter or Far Cry 5 with higher fps and better graphics settings. The graphics card which I was thinking of buying is the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. Wanted to know if you guys think whether or not thats a good idea.
TLDR: Currently at a GTX 770 want to know if a RTX 3060 Ti is compatible with my specs

Solution
Ive been noticing that my computer is not performing as well as it should be during certain newer games which I wish to play, my current specs are:
I was looking to upgrade my graphics card to play games like Monster Hunter or Far Cry 5 with higher fps and better graphics settings. The graphics card which I was thinking of buying is the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. Wanted to know if you guys think whether or not thats a good idea.
TLDR: Currently at a GTX 770 want to know if a RTX 3060 Ti is compatible with my...
TLDR: Currently at a GTX 770 want to know if a RTX 3060 Ti is compatible with my specs

You could, but the rest of your build is a bit underwhelming for a GPU of that level of performance and you will have a hard time taking full advantage of it.

Nvidia is releasing a non-Ti version of the 3060 next month hopefully; that'll probably be better suited to your build and you can use the money you save to upgrade to 2 x 8GB sticks of RAM, seeing as how 8 GB of RAM is a bit low by modern standards.

Even with all that, keep in mind that your CPU is underpowered by modern standards and some games will be limited by your CPU.

Solution
3060ti would be good but are you gonna have to change your PSU? 8GB of RAM should be upgraded to 2x8GB.

CPU is 4 cores 4 threads. This will limit the GPU but it will still be a lot better than that GTX 770.

You could buy the GPU but you would need to upgrade the entire system later. New CPU, Board, RAM, PSU.

What PSU do you have? Brand and model.