suduliray

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Hi Friends,
I Have An Hp Pavilion 15-n203tx Notebook Pc (Energy Star) Laptop Which I Like To Upgrade And I Couple Of Questions Regarding Ram Memory And Hard Drive
  1. Which SSD Is Better(Samsung Or Kingston)For Me And What Capacity Should I Use?
  2. Which Company Ram Should I Buy Or Which Configuration(Showing 4gb Kingston 1600mhz In Laptop) ?
  3. How To Copy Original Pre-installed Windows Software With Recovery Data To New SSD ?
  4. Any Other Suggestion Acceptable And If Possible You Can Give Me The Product Link Where I Can Buy ?
  5. About My Laptop Configuration And User Guide Given Here Any Doubt Feel Free To Ask Me.

Reactions: punkncat

USAFRet

Titan
Assuming it currently has a regular HDD, a 2.5" Samsung 860 EVO is a drop in replacement.
What size? How much space is currently consumed on the drive in it now?

To move everything to this new drive...do you have (or can borrow) an external drive of sufficient size to hold the entirety of the current drive contents?

Reactions: suduliray

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Super handy of you to link the manuals and manufacturer yourself. ;)

As above on the drive. I would check some YouTube videos on how to access it, or your manual may show how to open the case for that.
The memory is easily accessible from a door on the bottom of the case, a feature I miss greatly on newer laptops. In my experience I have found Crutial RAM to be very forgiving in an application where you mismatch. It would be better if you can to remove current and add a matched set of compatible sticks. The stock stick could be soldered in, but that was much less common then.

In this case I would see about an upgrade to Win 10 from the 8.1 if you are still on it. Then, I would perform a clean install of 10 onto the new SSD you choose. It will run better and be rid of all the bloatware. You can still go back to HP for the drivers and features you miss, if so.

Reactions: suduliray

suduliray

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Super handy of you to link the manuals and manufacturer yourself. ;)

As above on the drive. I would check some YouTube videos on how to access it, or your manual may show how to open the case for that.
The memory is easily accessible from a door on the bottom of the case, a feature I miss greatly on newer laptops. In my experience I have found Crutial RAM to be very forgiving in an application where you mismatch. It would be better if you can to remove current and add a matched set of compatible sticks. The stock stick could be soldered in, but that was much less common then.

In this case I would see about an upgrade to Win 10 from the 8.1 if you are still on it. Then, I would perform a clean install of 10 onto the new SSD you choose. It will run better and be rid of all the bloatware. You can still go back to HP for the drivers and features you miss, if so.
Thank you for ur support, if you have any youtube videos or any link to share that will be helpfull.

suduliray

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Assuming it currently has a regular HDD, a 2.5" Samsung 860 EVO is a drop in replacement.
What size? How much space is currently consumed on the drive in it now?

To move everything to this new drive...do you have (or can borrow) an external drive of sufficient size to hold the entirety of the current drive contents?
yes i have 4tb external driver to move everything and i am asking should i go for 120gb ssd or 240gb ssd, which one better for me. primary use for me is only web surfing , download videos and watching movies.

USAFRet

Titan
yes i have 4tb external driver to move everything and i am asking should i go for 120gb ssd or 240gb ssd, which one better for me. primary use for me is only web surfing , download videos and watching movies.
Nothing smaller than a 240/250GB.
The batter quality drives (Samsung/Crucial) don't even come smaller than that anymore.

So, to transfer:

Discover how to access and remove the drive.

For the transfer to a new SATA III SSD, this:
Assuming you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the entirety of your current m.2 drive:

1. Download and install Macrium Reflect
  2. Run that, and create a Rescue CD or USB (you'll use this later). "Other Tasks"
  3. In the Macrium client, create an Image to some other drive. External USB HDD, maybe. Select all partitions. This results in a file of xxxx.mrimage
  4. When done, power OFF.
  5. Swap the 2 drives
  6. Boot up from the Rescue USB you created earlier.
  7. Recover, and tell it where the Image is that you created in step 3 (on the external drive), and which drive to apply it to...the new SSD
  8. Go, and wait until it finishes.
  9. That's all...this should work.

suduliray

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Nothing smaller than a 240/250GB.
The batter quality drives (Samsung/Crucial) don't even come smaller than that anymore.

So, to transfer:

Discover how to access and remove the drive.

For the transfer to a new SATA III SSD, this:
Assuming you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the entirety of your current m.2 drive:

1. Download and install Macrium Reflect
  2. Run that, and create a Rescue CD or USB (you'll use this later). "Other Tasks"
  3. In the Macrium client, create an Image to some other drive. External USB HDD, maybe. Select all partitions. This results in a file of xxxx.mrimage
  4. When done, power OFF.
  5. Swap the 2 drives
  6. Boot up from the Rescue USB you created earlier.
  7. Recover, and tell it where the Image is that you created in step 3 (on the external drive), and which drive to apply it to...the new SSD
  8. Go, and wait until it finishes.
  9. That's all...this should work.
WOW ,that's great man , you cleared my most of the doubts . i need one more doubt, should go for 4gb or 8gb ram.
Again thanks for the help.