Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Hello, my old PC specs are :
CPU Intel Pentium g3260 3.30GHZ
GPU Nvidia GT 730 2gb
4GB RAM ddr3
390W Psu
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1
and I want to upgrade cpu to I5 4590 and gpu to gtx 1050ti atleast. My question is can I install them right away after buying and dont worry about upgrading my PSU? Is 390w enough? Thank you all.

Solution
how can I check version of bios? Should it be in the bios? Because i need to plug pc cables etc. Cant check right now instantly.

and btw I checked your link. if g3260 cpu needs minimum of f5 bios? and I have this cpu , then your question doesnt make sense?

You don't need to plug or unplug cables to check the BIOS, turn on the system, go into the BIOS settings and you will see it there. You would want the latest BIOS on the motherboard to make sure it will work with the newer video cards, many older motherboards need updates.

The power supply is likely junk, the brand looks to be some local brand, most of those are very bad quality.

fainamvm

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
You will have to make sure your motherboards BIOS is at least revision F4. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-S1-rev-10/support#support-cpu
Your PSU is probably of low quality so an upgrade wouldn't be the worst idea. Do you know if your case supports ATX power supplies? If it does I would go with a 450/550W 80+ Gold PSU like the Seasonic Focus Gold https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Qb...ified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-450fm
how can I check version of bios? Should it be in the bios? Because i need to plug pc cables etc. Cant check right now instantly.

and btw I checked your link. if g3260 cpu needs minimum of f5 bios? and I have this cpu , then your question doesnt make sense?

Last edited:
I only checked what was needed for the 4590 and didn't look at the g3260. Since your CPU already requires the F5 BIOS, then you will be able to just install the 4590 into the socket and not have to worry about the BIOS.

modecom atx 12v 2.2 compatible professional line
That is probably a lower quality PSU so changing it to a high quality one would be a good idea.

You don't need to plug or unplug cables to check the BIOS, turn on the system, go into the BIOS settings and you will see it there. You would want the latest BIOS on the motherboard to make sure it will work with the newer video cards, many older motherboards need updates.

The power supply is likely junk, the brand looks to be some local brand, most of those are very bad quality.

Solution