Question Want your opinion

TheWhiteShogun

Reputable
May 23, 2017
SO unless there is a specific reason for the 7700K, you should look at a 8th or 9th gen Intel and compatible motherboard. The Z270 chipset leaves you no where to upgrade to and 4c/8t is starting to show its limitation in almost every application.

The only real reason is that i have seen that 8th and 9th gen run quite hot and often need to be delided or lapping and i want to avoid that.

The only real reason is that i have seen that 8th and 9th gen run quite hot and often need to be delided or lapping and i want to avoid that.

I know there has been some heat issues in laptops (which is alot of different reason and not just the CPUs) but desktops as long as you have an adequate cooler there is 0 reason to worry about thermals. I just think spending the money on a 7700K is a waste, but if you really want it then go for it but even a i5-8600K performs as good if not better then a 7700K.

TheWhiteShogun

Reputable
May 23, 2017
I know there has been some heat issues in laptops (which is alot of different reason and not just the CPUs) but desktops as long as you have an adequate cooler there is 0 reason to worry about thermals. I just think spending the money on a 7700K is a waste, but if you really want it then go for it but even a i5-8600K performs as good if not better then a 7700K.

Thanks, i am now looking into a i7 8700k to see if i can stretch my dollar