Wanted: .223

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Hiya,

I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for foxes.
Without having to trawl round every gun shop in the south east, can anyone
give any advice on which one is best value for money and readily available.

There doesn't seem to be all that much about these rifle's on the net in the
UK, and the gunshops I've telephoned don't seem to have any in. Any gunshop
in particular you can recommend to try? I'm going to ring GT Shooting in
Coulsdon (overpriced) as well as Surrey Guns and the Saddlery and Gun Room
(not much stock) to see what they have, but I'd like to know what's what
before the vultures see me coming and let me buy their rubbish they can't
shift!

Thanks in advance!

Ross.

PS After all my questions on here last year I bought the CZ .22rf and have
had great success with it. Very accurate with the subsonic ammo and sound
mod, and must be durable as I haven't broken it yet! So all your advice was
well founded in my last purchase!!! :)

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Filth" <rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hiya,
>
> I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for
> foxes. Without having to trawl round every gun shop in the south
> east, can anyone give any advice on which one is best value for money
> and readily available.

I’d go for a base model Rem 700.

They are very reasonable and with a trigger job (Timney) can shoot as
well as any rifle even in the low custom class.
The great thing with 700’s are that you can build on the rifle by
changing the stock and trigger at a later date which will make the rifle
feel and shoot like a rifle costing twice as much.

(BTW my advice is to buy new and stick with the rifle)

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Filth" <rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223
> rifle for foxes. Without having to trawl round every gun
> shop in the south east, can anyone give any advice on which
> one is best value for money and readily available.

Others here will laugh at my now legendary meanness but I got a
very serviceable .222 BSA with a bull barrel through the local
small ads for £100. Stuck an old but serviceable 'scope on it
for another £75 and it is just the job! It is a very accurate
rifle.

BTW, I preferred to for a the bull barrel 2nd hand as they are
less likely to have been shot out (better heat dissipation).

Maybe not many rifles advertised down your way (I'm N of
Scotland) but buying privately is a LOT cheaper in my experience
-- as I found to my cost when I trying to sell off my stock of
rifles when I gave up the dealer licence some years ago.

Derry

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:47:17 +0000 (UTC), "Filth"
<rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hiya,
>
>I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for foxes.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite, which I reckon is an excellent rifle. Just
about everyone seems to have them in the shops and you can get some
good prices.

--
Mark

http://www.gunculture.net

"the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
English Bill of Rights

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> >Hiya,
> >
> >I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for
foxes.

> I have a Tikka T3 Lite, which I reckon is an excellent rifle. Just
> about everyone seems to have them in the shops and you can get some
> good prices.
> Mark

Hiya Mark, sorry to be a pain, but may I ask why it's so good compared to
other .223 rifles please? I'm about to do a google for it and see what
scraps I can find about it, but getting it from the horse's mouth is much
better most of the time!
Cheers,
Ross.

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> > Hiya,
> >
> > I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for
> > foxes.
> I'd go for a base model Rem 700.
>
> They are very reasonable and with a trigger job (Timney) can shoot as
> well as any rifle even in the low custom class.
> The great thing with 700's are that you can build on the rifle by
> changing the stock and trigger at a later date which will make the rifle
> feel and shoot like a rifle costing twice as much.
>
> (BTW my advice is to buy new and stick with the rifle)
>
> John

Sounds good John. I'm now looking at the net for Tikka T3 Lites and the
Rem700 to see what other people have said about the two :)
Sending loads of e-mails, but not expecting quick replies from any gunshops!
Ross.

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:01:58 +0000 (UTC), "Filth"
<rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Hiya,
>> >
>> >I'm in South London/Surrey/Kent area, and am after a .223 rifle for
>foxes.
>>
>> I have a Tikka T3 Lite, which I reckon is an excellent rifle. Just
>> about everyone seems to have them in the shops and you can get some
>> good prices.
>> Mark
>
>Hiya Mark, sorry to be a pain, but may I ask why it's so good compared to
>other .223 rifles please? I'm about to do a google for it and see what
>scraps I can find about it, but getting it from the horse's mouth is much
>better most of the time!
>Cheers,
>Ross.

From what I can gather Tikka are to Sako, what VW are to Audi. So you
could say you are getting a cheaper Sako.
(no doubt someone will put me straight if I got the link wrong)

The Tikka has a lovely action and a good (adjustable) trigger. The
synthetic stock feels good and the overall impression when shooting is
of a well put-together unit.

Apparently Tikka have kept the cost down by using the same
chamber/magazine etc across the board i.e. .222/.223/.308 etc The
..223 magazine has a bit blocked off to accomadate the smaller
cartridge.

I've popped a moderator on mine, and as a package I am very pleased.

--
Mark

http://www.gunculture.net

"the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
English Bill of Rights

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

>>> I have a Tikka T3 Lite, which I reckon is an excellent rifle. Just
>>> about everyone seems to have them in the shops and you can get some
>>> good prices.
>>> Mark
>>
>> Hiya Mark, sorry to be a pain, but may I ask why it's so good
>> compared to other .223 rifles please? I'm about to do a google for
>> it and see what scraps I can find about it, but getting it from the
>> horse's mouth is much better most of the time!
>> Cheers,
>> Ross.
>>

> From what I can gather Tikka are to Sako, what VW are to Audi. So you
> could say you are getting a cheaper Sako.
> (no doubt someone will put me straight if I got the link wrong)
>
> The Tikka has a lovely action and a good (adjustable) trigger. The
> synthetic stock feels good and the overall impression when shooting is
> of a well put-together unit.
>
> Apparently Tikka have kept the cost down by using the same
> chamber/magazine etc across the board i.e. .222/.223/.308 etc The
> .223 magazine has a bit blocked off to accomadate the smaller
> cartridge.
>
> I've popped a moderator on mine, and as a package I am very pleased.

Unfortunately I don't have the option of a sound moderator for the .223,
only the .22lr. How much difference does it make to the accuracy/range of
the rifle? I presume it makes some difference to the sound, but at
supersonic speeds is it that noticeable to game/persons other than the
shooter?

I've telephoned the Saddlery & Gunroom in Biggin Hill and they've got one
Tikka T3 Lite in stock for £550. Seems reasonable to me, what would your
opinion of this price be? I'm also thinking about the synthetic stock, which
is something I've never had before. I quite like the tradition of having a
wood stock, but is synthetic durable or is it something that will need
replacing after a few years? I would think that it is longer lasting than a
wooden stock, but again I haven't come across it before hence the questions
that may appear silly! Is there any advantage of synthetic over wood and
vice versa? I presume it's lighter?

Ross.

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> The other thing for you to consider is your calibre, why are you going
> for a .223?
> I owned a Ruger Mk2 in .223 (the rifle was a complete waste of time,
> it took more money to get the thing grouping than it did to buy the
> rifle) but I can guarantee you that a .223 V-Max will bring down a
> fox, crow or rabbit (rabbits are fun, the first one I ever shot with
> a .223 the rabbit fell on it's side. It was 120yd shot and when I
> retrieved the rabbit, the exit wound side was missing I literally
> pick up half a carcass).
> Have you thought about applying for a .243" for fox control? That way
> you'll also have a rifle for stalking.
>
> John

I've got a .22lr which I use for rabbits, and I was told that the "usual"
calibre for foxing was a .223. I would love something more powerful like a
..243, but I would never stalk with it (wouldn't know where to go and who
with, have never done it before!) and it would probably be declared overkill
for the game. Not only getting the extra calibre on the ticket, but there's
then the hassle of getting the land cleared for the calibre, which with Kent
and Surrey is rather laborous.

I do like the idea of being able to change parts of the gun to suit my
needs/desires, which is why I'm erring towards the Rem700 at the moment. I
do like the thought of the alleged high quality of the T3 Lite though, and
the gun room in Biggin Hill have that in stock so it may be that one in the
end! We'll see, lots more browsing and reading to be done first...

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> I've got a .22lr which I use for rabbits, and I was told that the
> "usual" calibre for foxing was a .223. I would love something more
> powerful like a .243, but I would never stalk with it (wouldn't know
> where to go and who with, have never done it before!)

It’s very easy to get into stalking these days. You can book a stalk
from £35 upwards.

and it would
> probably be declared overkill for the game.

As far as I know, the forces are becoming more relaxed over the .243”.
My .243” is granted for both fox and deer control (separately).

> Not only getting the
> extra calibre on the ticket, but there's then the hassle of getting
> the land cleared for the calibre, which with Kent and Surrey is
> rather laborous.

Your land will almost certainly be passed up to .240, so getting it
passed for .243” isn’t really a problem.
The big problem is if your force is happy to issue you a .243” for fox
control.

> I do like the idea of being able to change parts of the gun to suit
> my needs/desires, which is why I'm erring towards the Rem700 at the
> moment.

There is certainly scope for mix and matching the 700 action.
Re-barrelling is also cheap for the 700. I’ve shot a few 700’s and they
have been very accurate even with a bad trigger.
If you want a good rifle, then go for the Mannlicher pro-hunter in .223.
What you’ll get is ½” groups at 100yds and amazing trigger straight out
of the box.
The Mannlicher beats the 700 IMHO (and may be even the T3) both in terms
of accuracy and safety.
You’ll not find a more safe system than the SBS safety system on the
Mannlicher rifles but you’ll be stuck if you want to change the stock.
There will be no need to play with the trigger unit, it’s better than a
custom trigger. Some companies do make add-on’s for the SSG version of
the rifle.

> do like the thought of the alleged high quality of the T3
> Lite though, and the gun room in Biggin Hill have that in stock so it
> may be that one in the end! We'll see, lots more browsing and reading
> to be done first...

The T3 I looked at seems to be a very good quality rifle indeed. I’m not
sure how they shoot but I bet they’ll sub inch.

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Could be a guy in Buckinghamshire with a rifle for sale...

Matt

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:08:18 +0000 (UTC), "Filth"
<rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately I don't have the option of a sound moderator for the .223,
>only the .22lr. How much difference does it make to the accuracy/range of
>the rifle? I presume it makes some difference to the sound, but at
>supersonic speeds is it that noticeable to game/persons other than the
>shooter?

Not sure what you mean when you say you don't have the option. If you
mean you don't have the slot, then it is an easy thing to get. Reason
for having is Health & Safety and reduced nuisance & wildlife
disturbance.
The moderator makes a HUGE difference. You always get the crack of
the bullet, but the boom of the rifle is reduced enormously. I can
easily shoot away with no ear protection with the moderator, I
wouldn't dare without the can.

>I've telephoned the Saddlery & Gunroom in Biggin Hill and they've got one
>Tikka T3 Lite in stock for £550. Seems reasonable to me, what would your
>opinion of this price be? I'm also thinking about the synthetic stock, which
>is something I've never had before. I quite like the tradition of having a
>wood stock, but is synthetic durable or is it something that will need
>replacing after a few years? I would think that it is longer lasting than a
>wooden stock, but again I haven't come across it before hence the questions
>that may appear silly! Is there any advantage of synthetic over wood and
>vice versa? I presume it's lighter?
>
>Ross.

The advantage usually stated for the synthetic is no warping in the
damp, but really only cheap wood seems to do this anyway.
For me I just don't like wood much, I like the look of the all black
rifle!

--
Mark

http://www.gunculture.net

"the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
English Bill of Rights

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> Could be a guy in Buckinghamshire with a rifle for sale...
> Matt

Matt, would you by any chance have details of what make & condition etc?
Ross.

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> The moderator makes a HUGE difference. You always get the crack of
> the bullet, but the boom of the rifle is reduced enormously. I can
> easily shoot away with no ear protection with the moderator, I
> wouldn't dare without the can.

I'll have to e-mail Tim Morse, the firearms examiner and see what he says
about getting the .243 as well as the mod. I presume everyone has a mod on
the .243 as well?

> The advantage usually stated for the synthetic is no warping in the
> damp, but really only cheap wood seems to do this anyway.
> For me I just don't like wood much, I like the look of the all black
> rifle!

I've only seen small photos of the synthetic model on the net, I'm yet to
see it in the flesh. Does it actually *feel* like a rifle though? I've grown
up with a nice solid cheek guard on the stock, and there's a feel to a rifle
that I can't explain. It would also make the gun nose heavy would it not?
Have they managed to reduce the weigt of the barrel or is it just the stock
that's lighter? I presume it will only make a difference to shooting whilst
standing, which is not something I imagine I'll be doing much with the style
of fox shooting I'm going to employ. I may want to do it at some point
though, hence the observation/question.
Would having an *un*balanced weapon (being nose heavy) make shooting in
certain positions harder/easier?
Ross.

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I haven't held a synthetic myself, but I would imagine the butt would be
weighted, to change the point of balance, or else everyone shooting with a
synthetic would have no toes :-D

Filth wrote:
> > The moderator makes a HUGE difference. You always get the crack of
> > the bullet, but the boom of the rifle is reduced enormously. I can
> > easily shoot away with no ear protection with the moderator, I
> > wouldn't dare without the can.
>
> I'll have to e-mail Tim Morse, the firearms examiner and see what he says
> about getting the .243 as well as the mod. I presume everyone has a mod on
> the .243 as well?
>
> > The advantage usually stated for the synthetic is no warping in the
> > damp, but really only cheap wood seems to do this anyway.
> > For me I just don't like wood much, I like the look of the all black
> > rifle!
>
> I've only seen small photos of the synthetic model on the net, I'm yet to
> see it in the flesh. Does it actually *feel* like a rifle though? I've
grown
> up with a nice solid cheek guard on the stock, and there's a feel to a
rifle
> that I can't explain. It would also make the gun nose heavy would it not?
> Have they managed to reduce the weigt of the barrel or is it just the
stock
> that's lighter? I presume it will only make a difference to shooting
whilst
> standing, which is not something I imagine I'll be doing much with the
style
> of fox shooting I'm going to employ. I may want to do it at some point
> though, hence the observation/question.
> Would having an *un*balanced weapon (being nose heavy) make shooting in
> certain positions harder/easier?
> Ross.
>
> --
> CBR600RR (Broken)
> TFSTR#[1]

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> I've only seen small photos of the synthetic model on the net, I'm
> yet to see it in the flesh. Does it actually *feel* like a rifle
> though? I've grown up with a nice solid cheek guard on the stock, and
> there's a feel to a rifle that I can't explain. It would also make
> the gun nose heavy would it not? Have they managed to reduce the
> weigt of the barrel or is it just the stock that's lighter? I presume
> it will only make a difference to shooting whilst standing, which is
> not something I imagine I'll be doing much with the style of fox
> shooting I'm going to employ. I may want to do it at some point
> though, hence the observation/question. Would having an *un*balanced
> weapon (being nose heavy) make shooting in certain positions
> harder/easier? Ross.

A single shot, light weight stock and bull barrel makes for a very
accurate rifle.

You need to go and actually hold a rifle before you go and buy a rifle.
Don’t forget about a Mannlicher pro-hunter, they are very good rifles.

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:24:42 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg2gnq$h52$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "Filth" <rossnoades@hotmail.com>

it's in Message-ID: <itiUc.180577$a8.69150@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
--
denis

"I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg,
Ron stole Meggie's heart away, And I got Sidney's leg. "

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

>> Matt, would you by any chance have details of what make & condition
>> etc? Ross.
>
> it's in Message-ID: <itiUc.180577$a8.69150@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>

And how do I locat ethat message? When I click on the underlined bit it
tries to send it an e-mail!

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> You need to go and actually hold a rifle before you go and buy a
> rifle. Don't forget about a Mannlicher pro-hunter, they are very good
> rifles.

I'm going down to East Grinstead tomorrow morning after work to a gunsmiths
called F A Anderson or similar. They've got a Tikka Lite synthetic and
stainless, as well as a Tikka Varmint, which apparently has a heavier
barrel. Apparently they have good stock so I'll ask to hold and fiddle with
a few of their .223s before even thinking about buying one. It would seem
that the reason they have so many guns in stock is because of the prices
they are asking. Not only can they buy lots more guns when they sell one,
but they don't sell as often cos of the price so they stay in the shop for
longer... :)
Whilst there's no budget as such for this gun, I'm not going to spend silly
money on it. I've already got a decent scope and a harris bipod which I've
picked up over the last year, so hopefully the right gun shall be found.
I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how I get on down there, but now I must
leave for work...
Thanks for your advice everyone, if something catches my eye tomorrow I'll
probably jump in and buy it, otherwise I'll be back on here asking for more
advie!
Goodnight all,
Ross.

--
CBR600RR (Broken)
TFSTR#[1]

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Hi John,
Sorry about the delay :-S
My wife found the envelope lastnight, it was still in her bag :-(
So has finally put it in the post (Whoo-hoo!)

My mate asked me, the day before yesterday, if the rifle had arrived yet,
silly me thought the cheque was long gone.
The postal system round here is a bit unpredictable,
a 1st class letter can take anything upto a week to arrive, so I wasn't
expecting to receive it from you until around backend of next week.

P.S. I put 20 Eley Wasp 5.5 in it, wrapped in tissue (clean of course) :)

Thanks
--
Andy (UK_Rabbiter)
Creator, Manager & Moderator of Rabbit Hunters

John wrote:
> Andy (UK_Rabbiter) wrote:
>
> Andy whats the plan with the HW80?
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Andy \(UK_Rabbiter\)" <andy@ukrabbiter.co.uk> wrote in

> Hi John,
> Sorry about the delay :-S
> My wife found the envelope lastnight, it was still in her bag :-(
> So has finally put it in the post (Whoo-hoo!)

Our postman was swinging the lead on Saturday. I heard him try to
deliver a package and when it didn’t fit in the letter box, he put the
package back in his bag and walked off. Young kid of only about 17, it
really gets to me, coz I applied to the PO and they wouldn’t re-schedule
an interview, so they go and employ some 17 year lazy tw@! No wonder the
PO is in such a mess.

> My mate asked me, the day before yesterday, if the rifle had arrived
> yet, silly me thought the cheque was long gone.
> The postal system round here is a bit unpredictable,
> a 1st class letter can take anything upto a week to arrive, so I
> wasn't expecting to receive it from you until around backend of next
> week.

I’ll have to strip the rifle and re-chronograph it for you, so give me a
few days coz I’d like to make a good job of cutting the spring down.

> P.S. I put 20 Eley Wasp 5.5 in it, wrapped in tissue (clean of
> course) :)

Top man! I’ll let you know the exact ME.

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:46:16 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg3028$8r4$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "Filth" <rossnoades@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>And how do I locat ethat message? When I click on the underlined bit it
>tries to send it an e-mail!

Not sure with Outhouse, agent asks me if it's a message id or a email
addy - (a setting somewhere that I can't remember)

It's got the subject line "The Danger of lamping" posted 17/8/04, you
should be able to find it in the message list

Note: Matt's post wasn't entirely serious......................
--
denis

"I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg,
Ron stole Meggie's heart away, And I got Sidney's leg. "

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:32:38 +0000 (UTC), "Filth"
<rossnoades@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've only seen small photos of the synthetic model on the net, I'm yet to
>see it in the flesh. Does it actually *feel* like a rifle though? I've grown
>up with a nice solid cheek guard on the stock, and there's a feel to a rifle
>that I can't explain. It would also make the gun nose heavy would it not?
>Have they managed to reduce the weigt of the barrel or is it just the stock
>that's lighter? I presume it will only make a difference to shooting whilst
>standing, which is not something I imagine I'll be doing much with the style
>of fox shooting I'm going to employ. I may want to do it at some point
>though, hence the observation/question.
>Would having an *un*balanced weapon (being nose heavy) make shooting in
>certain positions harder/easier?
>Ross.

There's definitely a different feel to the synthetic, I guess it's
something you either like or don't! The stock on the Tikka has a
slightly soft feel to it - I don't really know how to explain it!
The balance is very good, but a moderator will ah heck that up I'm
afraid! I've had my barrel lopped to help out with that somewhat.
No probs with a .243 and moderator, you're looking at the T8 for that.

--

In message <lqn6i0d5iq009hr3rh0g3k45eci1773uo4@4ax.com>, Lurch
<mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> writes

>From what I can gather Tikka are to Sako, what VW are to Audi.

Almost

>So you
>could say you are getting a cheaper Sako.
>(no doubt someone will put me straight if I got the link wrong)

You're not getting a cheaper Sako, you're getting a Tikka. And I'm not
being picky. The Sako stock is a superior stock. The Tikka stock is
injection moulded plastic, the Sako stock appears to be glass fibre.
Either way, the Sako stock is stronger (does not flex) and has rubber
grip panels. You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

The .223 Tikka comes with a .308-sized action and a magazine that is
blanked off to make it 'smaller'. The Sako .223 has a .223 sized
action. This can make a difference in scope mounting options. Again,
you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

I don't own either rifle btw. I would be happy to own either. The Sako
cost about 25% more than the Tikka. If I could afford it, I would buy
the Sako. I own several Sakos, but no 75s. One thing you know about a
Sako, it's going to shoot straight right out of the box. And compared
to US made rifles, the barrels don't take up copper fouling nearly as
much in my experience. I've never owned a Tikka.

>The Tikka has a lovely action and a good (adjustable) trigger. The
>synthetic stock feels good and the overall impression when shooting is
>of a well put-together unit.

It is. And the Sako more so.

>Apparently Tikka have kept the cost down by using the same
>chamber/magazine etc across the board i.e. .222/.223/.308 etc The
>.223 magazine has a bit blocked off to accomadate the smaller
>cartridge.

I personally do not like this arrangement, although I'm sure it'll
function perfectly. It's a cheapskate way of Tikka saving money on
tooling. I own a Sako Vixen in .223 and part of the pleasure of that
rifle is that everything is scaled down compared to my Sako Forester in
7-08 (.308 size), it's a lighter, more compact, package. That was the
whole attraction of getting the smaller cartridge. If I wanted a .308
sized rifle, I'll buy one chambered for a .308 sized cartridge (and
did). :) You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

If your money won't stretch to the cost of a Sako then you won't be
disappointed with a Tikka.

--Jonathan

"Justice is open to everybody in the same way as the Ritz Hotel."
Judge Sturgess, 22 July 1928