Wanted - Silverstone LC10-e HTPC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Does anyone know where I can still buy a Silverstone LC10-e case?

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=197

Wanted one for years. FINALLY upgrading to a new computer and want the guts of this one moved to that case as a media server. I have an ATX board and seems most (and not many out there) HTPC cases that take ATX, have a measly 1-2 spaces internall for hard drives. The LC10e had room for about 7. I have 3 right now (250GB and two 3TB) and I want room to eventually RAID 4x3TB drives plus the 250GB for the OS/Software.

I'm also in Canada which I'm sure made it just that much harder to get one. :D

Thanks

LC10-E-3-4.jpg

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Ya, even when the US and Canadian dollar were equal in value, stuff on Amazon.ca is always like 10-20% more than on .com.

Not fair at all. :S

In this case it's about 2x the price... ya... be cheaper to buy a new motherboard and a different case at that point. Bummer. I think my boss may have a dropbox over the border, maybe I can get that amazon.com shipped there instead.

Man, even getting hit with $40 shipping on .ca where .com is free... and yet people wonder why no one buys Canadian anymore.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Weird, last night searched and nothing there, went to TigerDirect today to see other options... and voila... it's there. $160.

Weird... but at least can still get it. :)

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Ya, strange because it was the 2nd site I went to looking for it. Downside is, gotta save up a bit more for it... use to be around $120. But the company said still in production (emailed and asked) so, can save up a bit after next week.

Building a full new system... finally replace my aging Core2Quad, which is still a good system... will make a great media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.