Wanted to turn my old router to AP but it works without turning

network_sat

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
I do not know how it is happening. May be it is just acting as another router. I connected my old router with current one by ethernet cable in old router's WAN port. It configured everything automatically. I just put the security key of my current outer to be used in the old router's wireless protection mechanism.

So is this working as a router?
What's the difference then wanting to turning it to AP to extend wireless signal and wireless signal as now being a router (old)?

thanks

Solution
More than likely the 2 routers are using a different IP range so they are not conflicting. Odds are though anything connected to that WiFi can't access computers connected on the other router and you have 2 networks going. If its just phones or you don't do netowrk file sharing then you should be OK.

If you start getting IP conflicts than you'll need to config it.
More than likely the 2 routers are using a different IP range so they are not conflicting. Odds are though anything connected to that WiFi can't access computers connected on the other router and you have 2 networks going. If its just phones or you don't do netowrk file sharing then you should be OK.

If you start getting IP conflicts than you'll need to config it.

Solution