[SOLVED] Wanting to know my headphones mm so I can replace the wire

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020
So to explain in the most basic terms, I bought a pair of Sennheiser PC37X's off of drop.com around a year or two ago. Yesterday, for the first time ever with these headphones the audio was cutting out a pretty good amount. I would put them on and start playing a game and periodically (Every 1-2 minutes) the audio would only come through the right side of the headphones. Since then it has only gotten more frequent. I have taken pretty good care of the headphones and wire which is why I was a little confused to why this was happening. Anyway, I came to the conclusion that the wire was the problem since any little twist or bending of the wire can set off the problem. I have a temporary fix as to pulling the wire upwards and tucking it around the headphones but its very temporary. To get to the point, I need a new wire and im really not sure what im looking for. Standard aux cables look like the male connector is way too long and when I compare the wire that goes into my headphones vs the 2 that go into my pc, the ones going into the pc have a much longer connector which is why I cant just buy a typical aux cord. Can someone possibly give me a link to a cord on amazon or explain to me what I should be looking for? Thank you in advance I really appreciate any help I can get.

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020

Lutfij

Titan
For what it's worth, if you're under warranty period, I'd have contacted both Drop and Sennheiser about the issue with your cable and seen if they would send out a replacement cable. If that path was exhausted then would come the need to fabricate a cable or source a replacement cable from a third party seller.

+ you're welcome! Thank you for awarding my posts as the Best Solution.