Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL, 6GB;
Processor: Intel Kaby Lake i5-7600K, LGA1151, 3.80GHz, 6MB;
Cooler: LEPA NEOllusion
RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14
HDD: Seagate 1TB SV35, 3,5", 7200 RPM, SATA III, 64MB
SSD: Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB
PSU: High Current Gamer 620W ATX
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Gaming Midtower, ATX, black

Specifically, I want to upgrade my processor, and the motherboard (because my current mobo only supports 4-core processors), and I found a couple of bundles. One with Asus PRIME X470-PRO, ATX-motherboard + AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, AM4, 3.7 GHz, 8-core + Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury, DDR4 3200MHz, CL18, 1.2V, and the other is the same, but without the ram sticks.

Here are the links to the bundles, if you want to look at them more thoroughly (although some stuff there is in Finnish):
The one with the ram: https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Sho...-pro-atx-emolevy-ryzen-2700x-16gb-hyperx-fury
The one without the ram: https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Sho...rime-x470-pro-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-bundletarjous

I used to play a lot of games on my pc, but lately, I've been using it more for programs like Photoshop, Premiere, or Sony Vegas (this and AMD being cheaper is why I decided to go for their processor instead of Intel's). But I still want to be able to play modern games in 1080p 60fps.

So, what do you think about this upgrade? Also, what about ram? The sticks in the first bundle are 3200MHz, and my current ones are 2133MHz, so does that mean they are incompatible, or will the new ones work at 2133MHz? But even if I won't be able to have 24GB of ram, 16GB is still better than 8GB (and I guess I can sell the old ram if I won't be able to use it). So should I go for one of these bundles? Also, I have a question about Windows: my Win license is Windows 10 Home, 32/64-bit, FPP, USB-media, so should I be able to reinstall the OS without any problems since my license is FPP?

Sorry if I asked some stupid questions here, I just want to be 100% sure about everything.

Last edited:
Well, the first thing I'm going to address is the RAM. DDR4 2133 and DDR 3200 won't play well together. If you put them both in the same machine, your 3200 RAM will run at 2133 speeds. So, definitely don't reuse that old RAM.

Otherwise, it would be a solid upgrade. The Ryzen 7 2700X should be just as fast as, or even faster than, your old i5 in games, and have FAR more capability in things like video or photo editing. It is a solid upgrade.

As for your Windows license... well, if it is associated with a Microsoft account then you should be able to transfer it. Generally you can transfer an FPP license once, but Microsoft's rules are fluid. As such, I don't really know how it will turn out.