Wanting to upgrade video card without upgrading PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrencendlw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I have a buddy who is looking to upgrade his video card on his computer for playing world of warcraft. he's not looking to get the best out there. in fact he's looking for something cheap that he can install without having to upgrade his current 300w power supply but it has to better than his onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150LE and needs to be at least a 128bit card. i know that there isnt too much out there and thats why im asking you guys to help because my searches have come up a little empty. the motherboard has a PCI-E 2.0 16x slot on it. anything you guys come up with would be great. Thanks guys.

Solution
I would say a 4670 or GT 240 DDR5 are the best low-power gaming options. Newegg.com has both availible for around $65-80. The 4670 should be a little bit cheaper, but I think the GT 240 DDR5 would be a little faster.

Power.png

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I would say a 4670 or GT 240 DDR5 are the best low-power gaming options. Newegg.com has both availible for around $65-80. The 4670 should be a little bit cheaper, but I think the GT 240 DDR5 would be a little faster.

Power.png

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.